Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I feel that Myspace, since is the one I feel far more impersonal. But to be honest, Facebook (especially after the New Facebook) isn't espectacular either

Deleted member 42

My space is the loser hands down.

I'm accustomed to hand-coding CSS and HTML, and my very simple My Space page took me almost two hours.

Most of that was cleaning up their kruft.

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
MySpace. It's just gotten too stupid and so impersonal. Everyone has one, and none of them are really unique anymore, of course.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
MySpace is the lamest because the pages are always dead ugly.

Clio

In the mind warp pavilion
Registered
Reaction score
MySpace is the lamest because the pages are always dead ugly.

Ah - not if you have a teenager who teaches you where you can go to 'Pimp your Space' - Gods - did I really just say that?

I was persuaded to join both of these networking thingies. I just forget to keep up with them. I suppose there is a point somewhere... but it all got a bit tedious. So, I've voted for 'Both'.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Ah - not if you have a teenager who teaches you where you can go to 'Pimp your Space' - Gods - did I really just say that?

Yes. And I'll quote it back to you as proof you wrote "pimp your space". On purpose. :D Honestly though, I've never seen a MySpace page that didn't make me want to claw my eyes out with a plastic spork. If anyone has an attractive one to show me, bring it on!

Alex<--who doesn't mind Facebook nearly as much.

ThisIsEverything

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cashcrate.com
I think they're useful for some things. If you're in a band, have a business, etc.
But I don't have one. I'm a teenager and hear things like "OMG you took me off your top 8!!!11" all the time. Stuff gets on my nerves.

No opinion on Facebook. Is it really that different?

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I voted Facebook, because I'm not on it...

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I have found facebook a useful networking site. You can easily ignore all of the 'annoying' applciations that tend to be the time-wasters.

As an example of valuable networking; the debut authors of International Thriller Writers are currently putting together a group page on facebook. It provides links to individual author pages, information on our books, release dates, news etc.

JJ

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I believe my daughter created an account on both for me. I've never been to either one to see what's even on it. I guess she could get sweet revenge and put something horrible on it about me. Since none of my friends use it, I see no point in me even having one. Right now I'm having more fun with my blog. :)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried with myspace, but I find it messy and convoluted. Facebook is better organised, and it delivers messages better (i.e. I don't have to visit everyone's homepage everyday... or, in fact, ever... to get their updates).

Facebook has a better networking model too, IMO.

I'm on both, and both have good features, but myspace just makes me cringe every time I log on. Call it a personal bias, but I find it much easier to stay off myspace.

Which might be a good reason to prefer it.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Both take a lot of money from people. And that's their goal.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. ;)