Henry Rollins : Uncut

ThisIsEverything

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cashcrate.com
http://www.ifc.com/on-ifc/henryuncut

Following the success of "Henry Rollins: Uncut from Israel," IFC presents a new special event series that allow one of the most important voices in independent culture to truly tell it like it is. Henry takes his unique stage show on the road, presenting topical, hilarious and uncensored commentary in three of the most controversial locations on the planet. Henry's spoken word stage show is intertwined with compelling documentary footage shot on location.

The first show was last Friday.
I like the way this guy thinks. He can be pretty entertaining and enlightening. Anyone watching this series? What do you think?

P.S. There are clips of it on the website.

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
He came to SA to do his spoken word thing - I would definitely go again. I mean, some of the stuff he said had me loling at his naivety and lack of understanding of SA culture, but otherwise, very cool guy and well worth the money spent.

ThisIsEverything

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cashcrate.com
He came to SA to do his spoken word thing - I would definitely go again. I mean, some of the stuff he said had me loling at his naivety and lack of understanding of SA culture, but otherwise, very cool guy and well worth the money spent.

Exuse my own naivete, but SA = South Africa, right? Was he filming at the show you were at?

I've read some parts of his books in The Portable Henry Rollins or whatever it's called, and some of what he says sounds childish. Like when he worked at a pet store, and this kid wanted a white goldfish and it was the only one out of all of them, and after taunting the kid about the fish for a while...he ate it. Are you serious? Who eats a live fish to upset a child?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I am...big time. But I heard some not-so-great stuff about that movie. Gave it a miss. Despite Rollins' presence. He has a bad habbit of saying "yes" to everything.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
If it makes any difference, I thought it was a lot of fun. Scary, gross, and hilarious, it basically makes fun of the horror genre (although in a less-hip manner than "Scream" did). :)

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Oh really?

Cool. I have no idea how I'd watch it though...roflmao.

I assume someone will youtube it soon enough.

And I'll be the drunk in the audience with pretty hair and dirty feet.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
He's a liar.

He'll rip your mind out.

ThisIsEverything

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cashcrate.com
So what did you guys think?

I actually didn't see it even though I posted a reminder. I didn't notice the time and it was 10:50 when I remembered about it. I'm dumb.