Satan and Amazon

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
I have some spare money lying around that needs spending, so I decided to buy a book about Satan (well I need something interesting to read about on the bus and I figure it'll keep folks away) and up popped:

http://http://www.amazon.co.uk/Syna...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226268988&sr=8-2

This was the second result! What is the world coming to when I can't even search for Satan without being offended?

On the other hand, Satan Burger (the third result) by Carlton Mellick, sounds fairly interesting.

polarqueen

Elementary, my dear sir!
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing like Satan to brighten up your bus ride! (I couldn't get the link to work, btw)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the page I get when I type in "Satan." I think AS is talking about the third result on the page, given the partial URL of the link above.

There's one further down that seems to dis Christians, to balance the synagogue one, so I'd call it even.

Personally, the one that looks most interesting to me is, Satan: A Biography.

I mean, how'd they interview him? :D

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
The first link didn't work, but Yeshanu's did. I think reading "Satan; A biography" would keep people very very far away. :D

Deleted member 42

It's not bad. It's by Andy Kelly, AKA Henry Ansgar Kelly, one of my very favorite medievalists.

Kelly is Jesuit trained, with particular expertise in canon law, demonology, and exorcism.

Last edited by a moderator:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
It's only natural satan would move to doing books. he was having trouble reaching people with older methods.

00600-funny-cartoons-devil.gif

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm..why do such books exist?

I'm gonna have to add those publishers to by 'Bewares' list.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My First Response...

Satan and Amazon

"This is a joke, right?"

"Well, it IS Office Party."

"Okay. Carry on."

Reaction score
Did anyone hear about that dyslexic devil-worshipper who sold his soul to Santa?

Reaction score
Is he related to that dyslexic junkie who choked to death on his own Vimto?

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
huh i thought satan was spelled saitan. i thought you were talking about a soft fabric.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
(Church Lady) I don't know. Could it be----um-----
SATAN?!

(/Church lady)

ETA: Okay, end of derail....

Last edited:

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Um. Excuse Me.
What's that on the cover of Satan Burger?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Here's the page I get when I type in "Satan." I think AS is talking about the third result on the page, given the partial URL of the link above.

There's one further down that seems to dis Christians, to balance the synagogue one, so I'd call it even.

Obviously you didn't check the one titled "Satan Speaks" :D

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I have some spare money lying around that needs spending, so I decided to buy a book about Satan (well I need something interesting to read about on the bus and I figure it'll keep folks away) and up popped:

http://http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synagogue-Satan-Secret-History-Domination/dp/1930004451/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226268988&sr=8-2

This was the second result! What is the world coming to when I can't even search for Satan without being offended?
Trying to take that statement seriously, is it that surprising that people would blame Satan for all sorts of dastardly deeds and consipiracy theories? When it comes to being a victim of lack of respect, he's worse than Rodney Dangerfield.
On the other hand, Satan Burger (the third result) by Carlton Mellick, sounds fairly interesting.
That one appears to be fiction (or at least published as fiction, and the author wrote it for entertainment rather than being allegedly informative).

If you REALLY want to offend those around you, read "The God Delusion." At least someone reading a book on Satan is percieved as a believer in something, even if it's considered 'icky.'

But then it bugs me that so many people who see a book in someone's posession thinks the person believes what the book says.
Ummm..why do such books exist?

I'm gonna have to add those publishers to by 'Bewares' list.
Because people write them, and anyone can get a book printed and put up on Amazon, even if no "Real Publisher" would take it. I suppose if you call it fiction you can get PA to "publish" it.

"The Synagogue of Satan" appears to be self-published or from a "micro publisher" named Rivercrest:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1930004451/?tag=absolutewrite-21
One reviewer commented on the low-quality printing:
Apart from the tripe in the book, it's not worth what it's printed on. This book appears to have been made by the writer and his printer and the cover laminated. Disgraceful. The writing in the book is AT LEAST size 15 (times new roman) and a space is left after every line.
Here's the Wilipedial bio on the guy who wrote the intro/the publisher:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texe_Marrs

I'd think you're unlikely to come across such a publisher unless you were seeking out one of those "out there" books.

This might bcecome a popular genre. I claim "The Satan Code." That is, if I'm not too late.