• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a Beta for a high school YA (Counting Down To The End of The World)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I would really appreciate if someone could read my WIP chapter by chapter as I finish. Now don't run away yet! Here's the deal. I sent the first few pages (about 5) to an agent who asked me what else I was working on (aside from the project that I pitched) and she said, "Just read it. Very good. I like it. Send me more anytime."

She said she'd prefer to read the entire draft in one go. But first I have to finish. But with college + life + my incomparable tendency to waste time, I'm worried whether I'll ever get around to it.

If I have a consistent Beta who gets back to me fairly quick and tells me what he/she is feeling, whether the story is going in the right direction, etc etc etc I think I'll be able to be much more organized and more apt to sit my ass down once every couple of days and put 1000 words on paper.

I know we're all busy, but I will make a conscious effort to send chapters/entries (often times only 2-3 pages long) to you in a timely manner (every couple days) if you agree to to a similarly fast turnaround for reading. I'm not looking for LBL, just general impressions, though if you want to LBL, you'd be welcome to. I mostly just want to know if it keeps you engaged, wanting to read more, etc.

It's NOT really a plot based book, though there IS certainly a plot. It's just that the emphasis is really on the main character, his thoughts, what he's going through, etc.

And without giving too much away, the book chronicles a teen's (male) last year of high school. It's written in a diary based format.

If you're interested but not 100% sure, send me a pm with your email and I'll let you read the first entry. If you like it, then I can send you more.

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I have a beta reader now. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.