Changes

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all my friends here at the AW.

Those library pc's have made it all but impossible to keep you updated, so I will take this opportunity to play catch-up.

First of all, my health seems to be improving daily, and for this alone, I'm grateful. Secondly, although I still don't like the idea that I'm divorced from the love of my life, we are better able to tolerate each other now than when the decree was handed down (actually, I'm still crazy about that girl, and I see that twinkle in her eyes when we talk). I see my children every day! I no longer drink, but I will admit to smoking ciggies.

My mind is as sharp as you can expect for such an aged fellow, and I'm completely off the meds.

I still live on the third floor of The Edinburgh First Christian Church, of which I have been accepted as a member and serve on the finance committee. One of the previous pastors of this church was Knowles Shaw. You should read up on him. Fascinating man.

I study the Bible up in the balcony during the afternoon and pray in the garden often (you should see the place-gorgeous).

My life continues to be an adventure, yet it's a good adventure now. I can't express how thankful I am for that! A so-called writer can't express himself? ;)

Sorry for the scattered nature of this posting, but I'm quite sleepy, it's been a big day.

I'll keep in touch as I have the time and as the Lord wills.

All the best to you,
Rick
Columbus, Indiana
November 8, 2008 2:25 AM

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes and good luck

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Rick,

It sounds like the worse is behind you. Best of luck in this new chapter of your life! Don't be a stranger. The 'cooler' misses your fine posts.

Stay strong...
EM

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's always good to hear from you, Rick, and to know we are part of your family.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, Rick--

You know you always have a place here. However, the bed isn't the most comfortable place to sleep. And the folks from the poetry room keep replacing the eggs in the fridge with empty plastic Easter eggs. As if we wouldn't notice?

Oh, and don't sit in the chair in that corner. Ray keeps forgetting about his chocolate pants when he comes in. (I'm hoping that it really is chocolate or else someone has a bigger problem than chocolate pants. Erg.)

But there's a nice bowl of phentermine over at the bar. And don't worry--the only place you can find any alcohol is if you wander by Silver King's place, I think. (Just don't tell him that some people believe the drinks are watered down, okay? He might get mad at me for telling. Or perhaps he waters down only some folks' drinks. And gives everyone else a double.)

Anyway, there are hugs everywhere around here, so watch where you step. :Hug2:

And we're so glad that you're in a good place, dear. Keep in touch and keep doing well, okay?

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all at AW. You've been dear friends in the good times and bad. Once again, I've been so blessed with many friends (both online and in person), and my gratitude is from the heart. Have a super Monday, and remember- give thanks in all things, everyday. I love you all.

Rick
Galatians 2:20

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to see you are have found something of comfort, Rick. I'm not a religous man, but respect those who find what they are seeking within their chosen religion. I wish you all of the very best in overcoming the tougher times and finding your happiness.

JJ