The power of prayer

Petsey

Registered
Reaction score
I just had to post this. I recently started with a new church and am very excited. Anyway to cut to the chase I was very verklempt over writing my synopsis. Writer's block to the max. At our House Group meeting we always start a prayer list for whoever has an issue. I asked them to pray for me to help me get over this mental block.

The next day I wrote a four page synopsis, it flowed, it was no longer hard.

I"m not usually a vocal person about my faith, but God does answer prayer, even little ones.

Petsey

Last edited:

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
Praying is a sort of therapy. Helps you keep your objectives well in focus. Whether God answers prayer or not is another issue.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I never thought about God measuring my prayers. If something is causing me unrest in my soul, then it's BIG, whatever it is. I choose to believe that if something is important enough for me to pray about, then God hears it. I'm glad he answered yours in a way that benefited you. It probably benefited others as well, since now you aren't preoccupied with worries about your synopsis and can move on to other things.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Well, scarlet, I believe that God wants us to be free from worry - the Bible addresses that in numerous places.

If something is worrying us, or bothering us for a better word, then it is keeping us from obtaining our full potential. The only way I, personally, can get rid of worry is to offer them up to God. Then I have to trust Him to handle them in the way that will best serve Him.

Nothing is too big, or too small, for God. Think of the detail He went to in creating the world.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
It's how I've survived the past fifteen years. Really.

I used to have a tee shirt that said, "I don't believe in miracles. I RELY on them."

I wore it until it wasn't even fit for the rag bin.

Reaction score
Well, scarlet, I believe that God wants us to be free from worry - the Bible addresses that in numerous places.

If something is worrying us, or bothering us for a better word, then it is keeping us from obtaining our full potential. The only way I, personally, can get rid of worry is to offer them up to God. Then I have to trust Him to handle them in the way that will best serve Him.

Nothing is too big, or too small, for God. Think of the detail He went to in creating the world.

Thank you for that post, in particular for the bolded part. I just had one of those 'penny dropping' moments. :)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I never thought about God measuring my prayers. If something is causing me unrest in my soul, then it's BIG, whatever it is. I choose to believe that if something is important enough for me to pray about, then God hears it. I'm glad he answered yours in a way that benefited you. It probably benefited others as well, since now you aren't preoccupied with worries about your synopsis and can move on to other things.

That's the thing though. Just as each sin is equal to another in God's eyes (it's all evil), isn't anything we have to say to him important as well? I believe that. I believe he's always listening. I believe many times he answers in ways that we don't recognize until later because it's not the response we wanted, but He's always there, and He's always listening. Nothing is too small to bring to God.