Reiki

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I've wanted to learn reiki for a long time, but many of the resources I find are pretty crappy ones. Does anyone have any info on it? Hopefully I'll be taking a class on it soon, but I'd like to learn as much as I can before I go in there.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
One of the ladies I used to work with when I did Hospice work was one of our Comfort Therapy supervisors. Reiki was offered regularly to hospice patients. She was the Reiki person. i will see if I can get an email addy for you. She would more than likely be thrilled to answer any questions you may have. I will PM you if I can find that address for you.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend in Orlando who is studying Reiki. Lemme ask her what advice she can give.

I think Reiki isn't nearly as common as it should be. My mother in law has serious problems with her neck, and she gets Reiki treatments that really help.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I have a friend in Orlando who is studying Reiki. Lemme ask her what advice she can give.

I think Reiki isn't nearly as common as it should be. My mother in law has serious problems with her neck, and she gets Reiki treatments that really help.
That would be wonderful!

I agree, Reiki is a great healing technique that doesn't get a good enough rep.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to know, I guess. I've been out of the Reiki community for a while, so I don't know how the resources have changed.

If you're willing to look at books, anything by Frank Arjava Petter or Walter Luebeck are well worth it. I've studied and/or worked with both men in the past and they are phoemenial. Petter has actually studied in Japan with the Japanese branches of Reiki and has had the chance to study Dr. Usui's personal journals and notes. I highly--more than highly--reccommend whatever you can find of their work.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I knew Phyllis Furumoto since she was a child. Our fathers were colleagues back in Iowa. She's a Grandmaster of Reiki partly because of her lineage (an ancestor invented it) and her years of practice.

I took a class in Reiki and got my 1st degree, but found it was not for me. I'm more of a "I can't have a cold/cancer/broken leg – I don't have the time, go bother someone else" kind of person. Also, it seems very connected to Christian and Buddhist ideas, neither of which is a path for me.

However I found that it is helpful for a lot of people I know.

Have you read Reiki Magazin? That might be a place to look.

http://www.reikipeacenetwork.com/magazine/

http://healing.about.com/od/media/ig/Magazines/Reiki-News.htm

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My, my, has the Reiki News grown since I worked there. LOL! Ghods, it has been a long, long time, hasn't it?