PDA

View Full Version : making web site print larger

qwerty
11-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe everyone already knows about this, but I only recently found out after years of squinting at tiny print.

Click on page. Hold down ctrl. Move mouse wheel forward until print is comfortable to read.

Don't know if it works on all systems.

dpaterso
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Holding down Ctrl and tapping the + and - keys also increases or decreases text size, if you don't have a wheel mouse.

-Derek

Darzian
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I didn't know that.

But most sites use OK font so I don't really need this feature. Some sites are lunatic though.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Wait'll your old and blind like me and Derek. ;)

Maryn
11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I learned this a few years ago. While most professional sites have a readable font, there's tons of amateur sites with fonts as small as my signature quote...

Maryn, who never struggled with one before

Nivarion
11-07-2008, 07:47 PM
im going to have to tell my grandma that. thanks

and OFG your forgot to put "till" in your sentence.

Darzian
11-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Is that a curse?
:e2violin::e2violin::e2violin:

dpaterso
11-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Derek has his browser set to ignore colors and font sizes specified on web pages, he sees his chosen background color (soothing pastel green) and his chosen font size (readable from the Moon).

-Derek

Julie Worth
11-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Or just change the zoom level (generally found at the bottom right hand corner of the screen).

You can make the change permanent for new windows by selecting TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/ADVANCED, and then unchecking "Reset Zoom level to 100% for new windows and tabs."

Maryn
11-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Julie, using what browser? I don't see a zoom level option in Firefox.

Julie Worth
11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Julie, using what browser? I don't see a zoom level option in Firefox.

That's in IE 7. For other browsers, look here:
http://www.metnet.edu/textsize.html

Bayou Bill
11-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Derek has his browser set to ignore colors and font sizes specified on web pages, he sees his chosen background color (soothing pastel green) and his chosen font size (readable from the Moon).

-Derek
I'm not just hard-of-seeing, but very light sensitive, so I go with a black background and dark yellow font.

Bayou Bill :cool:

oneblindmouse
11-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm not just hard-of-seeing, but very light sensitive, so I go with a black background and dark yellow font.

Bayou Bill :cool:

That's interesting. I'm partially sighted and I find yellow is the easiest colour to see. I might experiment with your yellow on black, if I can figure out how to do it.

Qwerty, thanks for the tip. I didn't know about it either.