Very bummed...need cheering up please

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
For those who don't know the story, my youngest son (age 7 weeks), Paul, has Downs Syndrome and a heart condition that will require heart surgery. It is slated for November 20th.

In the meantime, he was checked into the hospital for signs of Chronic Cardiac Failure --because the condition is starting to tax him. He cannot gain weight --they started a feeding tube today.

I have been at the Hospital since October 30th. It looks like we will be camping out here until the surgery and then for the ten to 14 days post-op recovery.

I am now officially starting my pity party because I am really feeling overwhelmed by this. I'm homesick for my whole family for more than the five to ten minutes I get with them when they come to visit. I miss all my babies. I miss sleeping in a real bed and eating food that doesn't come from a cafeteria or a vending machine.

And now I read this and feel annoyed with myself.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I am so glad you can come here to vent - you must be exhausted from everything, but especially from putting on your brave face.

(((hugs))) we understand and care.

My prayers are with you and Paul and your entire family.

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
I am so glad you can come here to vent - you must be exhausted from everything, but especially from putting on your brave face.

(((hugs))) we understand and care.

My prayers are with you and Paul and your entire family.

I think that face needs to be washed. It's looking a bit worn. thanks. It really helped just to type the darn thing.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Sherry, I think of you often. I think your Mother's Heart is the one the mold was made from. Sending you a great big virtual hug.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sending you the biggest :Hug2: I can muster, Sherry. I'll be keeping you and Paul and the rest of your family in my thoughts.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
It's okay to feel overwhelmed sometimes. Most of us would feel overwhelmed in your position. I can tell you're made of strong fabric and you'll pull through beautifully.
Bless you and we will keep praying and thinking the best for you, your family and especially little Paul.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Sending prayers and good thoughts your way, Sherri and hope that everything will work out aok. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))).

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Our thoughts are with you, Sherry. This must be so very exhausting, trying, and frightening.

Hugs to you and yours.

polarqueen

Elementary, my dear sir!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just meeting you for the first time now, but I'll include you in my prayers tonight!

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
hugs, Sherry. Feel free to go find a little space away from everyone, a corner of the parking lot and have a bit of a cry. Sometimes it helps, it doesn't mean you think anyting will go wrong, just wash away a little of the tired.

S

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
:( Prayers for your tiny one, and you and all your family!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, Sherry. You poor little thing. It's all very well you being strong for the lovely Paul, you need to let us be strong for you.

Take care. Look after yourself as well as Paul, and try to keep smiling.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

All your prayers are with you. Our positive energy will give you a positive outcome.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
You are allowed to feel annoyed, scared, pissed off and every and any other emotion that shows up- remember that. Having a sick child is, without a doubt the hardest thing a parent can go through. Find someone to lean on and allow yourself to need someone. I hope you and Paul are home with the rest of your family soon- all my thoughts are with you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sherry hugs, love, prayers and support for you and your entire family. Hoepfully, with this hosptial stay your little man will gain strength and when his surgery does happen he'll come through it with flying colors.(He will!!!!!)

I've been think about your little man and wondering how he was doing. He'll be okay and so will you and your family.

:Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Big Hugs, Sherry! I know this is really difficult. My youngest spent 3 weeks in picu when he was 5 weeks until 8 weeks old. It is the absolute worst thing I've ever gone through. I know that exhaustion. You have strength you didn't know you had, but at the time it sure doesn't feel like it. You don't know it's there until it is tested. You and Paul are in my thoughts and prayers. Please vent here anytime you need to. Your AW family loves you!

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
All the best, Sherry. If it wouldn't arrive cold (and probably mouldy), I would send you over a big tray of home-made lasagne right now.

I can't imagine what you are going through. Hugs to your whole family.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Love, hugs and prayers for you and Paul, Sherry.