Does NaNo make you eat?

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
Something about NaNoing makes me want to eat constantly. I'm supposed to be on a diet, and this is not good!! Anyone else?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe that's why I've been so hungry this week?

Actually, I don't see a huge change from my normal habits. I generally use food and snacking as a way to procrastinate, which isn't terribly healthy. I think the hunger issue is stemming from the few times I've forgotten to eat the past couple days (not necessarily Nano related).

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh. I don't get like this with normal writing work (I'm a freelancer), so why nano??

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
No, but when I got home tonight there was a stack of big macs next to the computer. -- It is a horrible enabler.

Dale Emery

is way off topic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dalehartleyemery.com
Something about NaNoing makes me want to eat constantly. I'm supposed to be on a diet, and this is not good!! Anyone else?

I'm not necessarily any hungrier, but during NaNo I do put myself in temptation's way more often. I like to write in coffee shops, and when I'm there I buy something to eat. And it's usually a cookie or a muffin or something sweet and fatty.

Does It's a Grind have cookies?

Dale (aka Bleen Booley)

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily any hungrier, but during NaNo I do put myself in temptation's way more often. I like to write in coffee shops, and when I'm there I buy something to eat. And it's usually a cookie or a muffin or something sweet and fatty.

Does It's a Grind have cookies?

Dale (aka Bleen Booley)
It's A Grind has all kinds of tasty goodies! It's simply awful! The other night they were sampling butter brickle blondie bars or some such sinful nonsense...disturbingly delicious! Will we see you there this week?

Flu

Registered
Reaction score
My eating habits are normal, but I'm smoking a lot more.

I tend to smoke more when I'm writing in general, but normally I work with a fairly detailed outline, which makes for longer, more concentrated bursts of writing. This time I'm semi-winging it, which makes the writing bursts a lot shorter and makes me reach for the cigarettes a lot more often.

I think I may try to quit after November.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
I've been sitting like a lump on a log since the 1st. My dogs need a walk. I find myself always sucking down some liquid. I switched to a non-caffine grain beverage so that I don't get all wired & can't sleep. I don't smoke-- thank God!

Today's my Birthday! I'm going to buy a new pair of pants! Woo-woo!

PastMidnight

Oponionated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabrockmole.com
I put my snackfoods up high and only bring them down if I've been a good girl that day. But I've been drinking a lot more. Even mixing up the coffee with tea, water, juice, etc. Which is a good thing, since I can go all day without drinking a thing. Keeping something to drink next to me is keeping me from pulling out the stepladder and breaking into my treat stash....

autumnjoy

Registered
Reaction score
Not snacking, but I've been drinking a lot more coffee, instant cappucino and mocha mixed, hot chocolate, tea, etc. I'm gonna have to use Crest Whitestrips before this is all over, lol. There's something about hot, soothing drinks and noveling for me.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
It doesn't make me eat but it does make me hungry. XD Probably because I have a tendency to forget about the whole eating thing when I really get into the writing. I have noticed an increased in my hot beverage intake, though. Mostly tea.

Annalaise duChat

She's Ba-aack
Registered
Reaction score
I find myself fight off late night snack attacks. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't.
I read somewhere that sleep deprivation causes an imbalance in certain hormones released by the hypothalamus. Instead of shutting the systems down for sleep, your brain activates them to keep going. This confuses you body and it compensates sending a signal to your brain that you're hungry.
Anyway that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

marie2

slowly but surely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolemariemessina.tumblr.com
I find myself wanting to snack A LOT while I am writing. And I am supposed to be on this diet, sort of. I am trying to drink a lot of water instead. Or coke. Whichever I get to first. :p

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I have this big jar of honey roasted peanuts by my computer which has been slowly shrinking over the past few days...

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say it's making me eat less. I don't eat that much anyway, but i get home from college and after homework go straight on my laptop to write. Then don't come off until i go to bed.

XX

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say it's making me eat less. I don't eat that much anyway, but i get home from college and after homework go straight on my laptop to write. Then don't come off until i go to bed.

XX

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
There was a recent study that correlated thinking a lot with hunger. Apparently, thinking makes you hungry. Food for thought, I guess.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I haven't been eating enough. It's 2pm here and I've had a banana. I'm really hungry but I can't type while eating so I keep putting it off. Even though I'm in here. *sigh*