I'm home alone, but I don't think I'm "alone"!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday after being on my pc before I took the kids to school, I came back in and my pc had been shut down. I thought it had been a power outage but none of the clocks were blinking and the tv was still on.

Just a few minutes ago I was using the potty and there was no toilet paper. I reached under the sink and grabbed the last two rolls. I put one under the sink next to the gold bond powder thinking, it's time to buy another bottle and more tp. I saw the roll where I stuck it under the sink! I put up the other roll ( right side up, the correct way) and left. I walked back into the bathroom about two minutes later to put something away the there was a roll of tp on a box of unpacked stuff. I thought I had missed that roll somehow and went to put it under the sink and the roll that was under the sink was gone.

:eek:

The first night we arrived into our new place my daughter came running from her new room scared out of her wits. "mom, something just breathed into my ear!" Of course we didn't believe her. Then last night my son said he couldn't go into my room because he felt like someone was watching him.

:eek::eek:

Mommie!

Someone hold me. I'm scared.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer the poltergeists that change the toilet rolls for me, AND throw the empty rolls in the waste basket.

These incidents do sound rather creepy.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
The PC shutting down could have been a power supply glitch (that happened to mine,) but not the rest of it. Wow...

Try introducing yourself -seriously. Maybe they're just curious about you. (I work in a building I'm becoming more and more convinced is haunted, so I'm not being a smartypants here...)

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Get out! The calls are coming from inside the house!

Really though, I was thinking about this the other day, the coolest thing about seeing a ghost would have to be knowing that there's an afterlife. That has to knock some of the fear out of you when you think about it. Hi Mr. Ghostie. Oh what, you're threatening me? Gonna try to kill me? That makes sense, turn me into a ghost so I can hunt you down on a fair playing field and then we can go toe to toe... you sure you want to do that? Thought so... yeah... you better float away...

Last edited:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
None of that sounds particularly nasty, but definitely a bit odd.

One building I worked in was haunted. The ghost would move things around, occasionally break something (you did have to irk him first), open/close doors, etc. I adopted him and named him Charlie and explained how things worked in my part of the business (I worked in production). We got along great for the 2-3 years I worked there. Actually, everyone took him in stride and it was kinda a mild practical joke atmosphere.

Charlie actually became something of a guardian angel to those of us who interacted with him. Honestly, thinking back, Charlie was one of the best things about that job.

If you (and especially your kids) are discomforted, then it's time to step forward and lay down the rules. Keep the power in YOUR hands and don't give it up so easily. It's amazing how much better you can feel just by reminding yourself YOU are in control.

On the physical side, have your electrical system inspected. It's possible that some of your wiring might be not-up-to-snuff and exposing your family to high magnetic fields, which will give you those kinds of sensation and, if it's really bad, can be physically harmful.

If worse comes to worse, call TAPS (from the SciFi show "Ghost Hunters") and maybe they'll come out, or give you a reputable (ie: not likely to just freak-out) group in your neighborhood who might be able to help you on the paranormal end of things.

Whatever you decide to do, just keep your cool. Best of luck.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I think ours is the man who owned the department store that was once housed in the building. We've seen a shadowy figure on the security cams at nights when no one's in the building otherwise. And I sit facing a glass window that looks into the foyer - I can look at the reflection of the lobby behind me and see who just came in the side door behind me. I've felt someone behind me more than once, looked up, seen a shape in the glass, looked around - and no one's there. I think he's just curious about who we are, these people who bought his building after he died and the store closed and turned it into a computer company...

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer the poltergeists that change the toilet rolls for me, AND throw the empty rolls in the waste basket.

These incidents do sound rather creepy.

I can't even go back to my room right now. I seem to be a ghost magnet. I have been since age 12.

The PC shutting down could have been a power supply glitch (that happened to mine,) but not the rest of it. Wow...

Try introducing yourself -seriously. Maybe they're just curious about you. (I work in a building I'm becoming more and more convinced is haunted, so I'm not being a smartypants here...)

I thought it may have been the pc needing to shut down, but doesn't it restart? The darn thing is plugged into a grounded plug board.

I am not intorducing myself, crazy dork. But you're more than welcome to come over and do so. I also worked at a place that was "occupied". My boss didn't tell me so that I wouldn't be scared when I was up on the 18th floor alone. But when I light came on by its self, I called him to come get me. He ran all the way thinking I was being attacked. He told me then that there were many stories like mine but scarier.

Really though, I was thinking about this the other day, the coolest thing about seeing a ghost would have to be knowing that there's an afterlife. That has to knock some of the fear out of you when you think about it. Hi Mr. Ghostie. Oh what, you're threatening me? Gonna try to kill me? That makes sense, turn me into a ghost so I can hunt you down on a fair playing field and then we can go toe to toe... you sure you want to do that? Thought so... yeah... you better float away...

:roll:

Oooh, can I come over? I've always wanted to see a ghost!

Yep. Come over right now!

You'd think I would be used to this stuff by now but I'm not. Ghosts are creepy!

You don't ever want to meet one especially when you're alone.

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
It's probably just Joe The Plumber trying to find his place in America now.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
None of that sounds particularly nasty, but definitely a bit odd.

One building I worked in was haunted. The ghost would move things around, occasionally break something (you did have to irk him first), open/close doors, etc. I adopted him and named him Charlie and explained how things worked in my part of the business (I worked in production). We got along great for the 2-3 years I worked there. Actually, everyone took him in stride and it was kinda a mild practical joke atmosphere.

Charlie actually became something of a guardian angel to those of us who interacted with him. Honestly, thinking back, Charlie was one of the best things about that job.

If you (and especially your kids) are discomforted, then it's time to step forward and lay down the rules. Keep the power in YOUR hands and don't give it up so easily. It's amazing how much better you can feel just by reminding yourself YOU are in control.

On the physical side, have your electrical system inspected. It's possible that some of your wiring might be not-up-to-snuff and exposing your family to high magnetic fields, which will give you those kinds of sensation and, if it's really bad, can be physically harmful.

If worse comes to worse, call TAPS (from the SciFi show "Ghost Hunters") and maybe they'll come out, or give you a reputable (ie: not likely to just freak-out) group in your neighborhood who might be able to help you on the paranormal end of things.

Whatever you decide to do, just keep your cool. Best of luck.

I love TAPS!

I should have the electric checked out in here. Thanks!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think ours is the man who owned the department store that was once housed in the building. We've seen a shadowy figure on the security cams at nights when no one's in the building otherwise. And I sit facing a glass window that looks into the foyer - I can look at the reflection of the lobby behind me and see who just came in the side door behind me. I've felt someone behind me more than once, looked up, seen a shape in the glass, looked around - and no one's there. I think he's just curious about who we are, these people who bought his building after he died and the store closed and turned it into a computer company...

So, the moving of the tp was just a 'hello', I'm here. I'm about as comfortable with that as a cockroach doing the same thing.

I want it out!

I'm going to the bedroom to introduce myself and make it clear that I know it's here and kindly ask it to leave and not come back, it's freaking everyone out in my house. If it wants to be friends it can wait until I die.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
One building I worked in was haunted. The ghost would move things around, occasionally break something (you did have to irk him first), open/close doors, etc.
What, specifically, is the thing you might do that irks a ghost enough to move stuff around? Just so I know.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
You might have a little ghost. If you want to clear it out or stop it from messing with you, try burning a blend of white sage and frankincense and take it around the house. It should clear the problem right up.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
If you really wanted to see what the ghost was like, you could always use a tape recorder, and have it recording while asking the ghosts questions. The only problem? It's creepy to listen to. Ugh....

But, it'll help you analyze whether you have a pissy ghost or just a playful little spirit.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and my son's cell phone sent me a message in the middle of the night, just before my lovebug and I went to bed. There was nothing on it though.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you really wanted to see what the ghost was like, you could always use a tape recorder, and have it recording while asking the ghosts questions. The only problem? It's creepy to listen to. Ugh....

But, it'll help you analyze whether you have a pissy ghost or just a playful little spirit.

I have a little recorder too. But I'm too scared to do it. I know they talk to us, but I don't want to hear it. It is creepy to listen to.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have a little recorder too. But I'm too scared to do it. I know they talk to us, but I don't want to hear it. It is creepy to listen to.
I know, that's why I always get one of my friends to listen to it for me and warn me of anything creepy before hand.

It's a good method for finding out who the ghost is, though. Many of the ghosts in my house who've done stuff like you described are really just playful and curious, I've even run into children ghosts before. But, sometimes they can be angry and that's where the physical energy comes from. It's definitely good to find out what the ghost is like so you can make the decision to keep it around or to ask it to leave.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I can send my daughter over with her recorder. It's the kind you play, an instrument, and the noises she makes with that thing would scare away anything. Believe me.

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score

A man who spends his spare time considering the possibility of beating up ghosts?

Jcomp, are you secretly Chuck Norris, or Bruce Lee?