OBAMA WINS

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
As anticipated and expected, Barack Obama won the presidential election lol.

Though I'm on the other side of the world, I eagerly await his steps in resolving the problems left behind by Bush. He's been given a magnificent opportunity to make a name for himself in world history. Let's hope for a stronger and more peaceful world in this defining moment.

Last edited:

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
I found the victory speech so moving and authentic (for a change) that I can only imagine the impact on Americans.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a telling statement when NonAmericans watched this race with such interest. We (the world) have a vested interest in governments who are transparent; who take into account our place and affect on the world at large. I'm looking forward to a new day when the phrase "in Amercian Interest" when applied to foreign policy no longer sends shivers of dread through me.

I also look forward to the day when Bush is out of the Whitehouse and we learn even more about his dirty dealings. It will be painful in many ways, but it also will be a chance to regain a measure of respect. Something America has been sorely lacking.

I'm sooo happy. What a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thrilled that Massachusetts banned greyhound racing in the state.
Jan. 1, 2010 no more greyhound racing.
:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
It's going to be epic here at work. We have one VERY vocal McCain supporter who loathes Obama - amid a whole bunch of Obama suppporters who are all to eager to rub his nose in it. (I'm not rubbing anyone's nose in anything, I had it done to me after the last election. I was the lone Kerry supporter amid a herd of Bushies and they did NOT let me forget that Kerry lost....)

WWIII, anyone? I may need tequila by the time today is over with...

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I knew animals were unpatriotic. Where are you hiding for the winter, ferret?
How does my belief that whoever is President won't effect someone on 15th and Walnut Street make me unpatriotic?

Change comes at the local level. Not national.

And if it matters, I voted for Obama.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Without over dramitization, I seen a determination in this guys face last night that seemed to say, "I want to start this job", I don't care if you love him or hate him, I just want a President who wants to work for the American people instead of a "party" or their own self interests, Congrats Barrack.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I knew this morning was going to be not nice at work, but it's getting uglier than I thought. World War III may have been an understatement.

I'm not being flip for once. I'm actually scared...

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a little calmer here - I hope so. I mean, passionate is one thing, but there's such a thing as taking it too far. Way too far.

MelodyO

Waiting for love on the web
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a little calmer here - I hope so. I mean, passionate is one thing, but there's such a thing as taking it too far. Way too far.

Can you provide details of what exactly you're talking about?

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
One of the guys here is a ferverent (and very loud) McCain supporter amid a bunch of Obama backers. Well, he's not happy this morning, to say the least - and I think they really went too far giving him a hard time. I was really afraid for about an hour there that I was going to have to call 911 and/or run for my life, but I think things are settling down a bit. I hope.

ETA - NO MORE BUSH!!! I'm happy today. :D