Too late?

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
I thought NaNoWriMo wasn't for me, because I typically write a little bit slower than 50k a month (give or take, not considering shorter works).

But I've had second thoughts; it might be just the thing I need to get out of this non-writing slump. Is it too late to sign up?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I thought NaNoWriMo wasn't for me, because I typically write a little bit slower than 50k a month (give or take, not considering shorter works).

But I've had second thoughts; it might be just the thing I need to get out of this non-writing slump. Is it too late to sign up?

LOL I hardly recognized Gabe, I'm so used to the new format.

It's never too late to sign up... Well, November 30 would be foolhardy, I suppose.

Sign up and give it a whirl! Worst case scenario: you end up writing only 30,000 words, instead of 50,000... You still WROTE!

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
What dclary said. :) I think they close the site for new sign ups on the 25th or 27th or thereabouts, but up until then, join in the insanity. :) And I know people who've written 50,000 words in 24 hours (with likely brain damage of course), so no, not too late at all. :)

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
Come join us!! It's fun, and the word wars can help you bump that word count super fast, and super fun!

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Sign up! I signed up a while ago, but only started writing on Monday (yesterday). You can do it! Really...what have you got to lose?

The Lonely One

Registered
Reaction score
Cap'n, yep. I mean, I've done 16,250 in about 8 hours, but I still had brain damage. I think I'll pass on the going straight for 24 thing.

If I could damage the analytical part of my brain, maybe I'd get more writing done. Ooh, good idea...

brain warfare

yes...

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, it's never too late. It's still only November 5 where I am, so you still have 25 days. Imagine what you can do in that time. Go ahead!

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
Not too late! I didn't start until the 5th or so last year and I finished early with 63k.

Madison

summertime...
Registered
Reaction score
I just signed up last night! And I think I'm still on track... hurray! You should sign up, too. Nano is bomb.

I can't figure out how to get the had WC widget onto my sig, though. Ideas, anyone?

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
The whole thing is try... write with reckless abandon and see what you can do... I didn't do it last year, but now i am thinking I might do it every year. I think it is a whole different way to write with a very short deadline!!!!

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
When you stop trying...then its too late.

Now eat the cookie!

Dale Emery

is way off topic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dalehartleyemery.com

If you write 2000 words per day, you'll hit 50,000 by the end of the month. That's not much harder than the usual NaNo pace of 1667 per day.

If you write at the 1667wpd pace like most of us, you'll end up with about 43000 words at the end of the month. That's nothing to sneeze at. Unless you're allergic to big piles of words.

Dale

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
come on, sign up- want some candy little boy?

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com

It's never too late to Nano!

I was talking to CrazyNance today and even though she signed up on time, she didn't start writing until today. :D

When you stop trying...then its too late.

Now eat the cookie!

What they said.

Want to have a word war with me? I've only got about 4k words. We could "start" at the same time and see who gets there first?

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely sign up! I'm pretty far behind right now, but that won't last long. You definitely still have time to get in 50,000 words.

The Lonely One

Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE: I still haven't started. But I will start today. That's it. Period.

If I don't, may one of you burn alive/castrate/shoot me in the face come midnight.

I'm going to be adding onto a current WIP but aim for 50k new words. Can someone shoot me to a good counter to post in my sig?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
When you go sign up at the NaNo forum, click on the tool bar section labelled "Fun Stuff." There, you'll find a section called "word count widgets."

Choose the one you want.

Copy on to your computer clipboard only the section in quotation marks.

Open another window and come back to the cooler. Under "edit signature" click on "insert image," and paste the url you've copied into the little box. Click okay and you're done.

The widget in your sig will update automatically when you update your count in the NaNo forum, but the new count won't appear in your sig for about an hour after you post the new count.

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm, not only can I not work out how to get a NaNocat but I can't get that word count widget on either. :Shrug:
Never mind. Having spent a year writing 102,000 words for a first draft, I've now done 29,000 in ten days.
Good luck TLO!

The Lonely One

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm officially signed up. That means I have to write, right? Is this my rite of passage to write from left to right?

Okay I'm done. Sorry...