I got a new laptop!

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
So about a year and a half ago, my husband bought me a laptop so that I could write whenever, wherever I wanted. It was such a sweet gesture, so thoughtful. Definitely one of the top 3 gifts.

Well, less than a year later, the screen started to go black on me. (It was a Gateway) I sent it back to Gateway twice within 6 months. The issue was never fixed.

We just got back from Best Buy where I bought one of the discounted laptops. It's not discounted b/c it had something wrong with it, and someone returned it, and they fixed it, and now it's cheap. It was discounted because it was discontinued.

For $600 (That includes tax) I got an HP Special Edition, 250GB, 4 gigs of RAM...and a bunch of other stuff. Plus an 8 hour battery, a case, and a 4GB flash drive. Basically, my husband who just bought himself a new laptop is a wee bit jealous of mine. And he paid more. :D

No more screen going black. No more mouse resetting itself and messing everything up.

I'm so happy!!! :snoopy:

Last edited:

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
YEA! (And it's 4 gig of RAM. Ram stands for Random Access Memory)

I'm jealous-- my battery only lasts an hour. Of course, my battery is also recalled as of this weekend. =/

Happy computing! Laptops, like lapdogs, make great pets.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
AH! Haha...thanks! Editing now...

Oh, and the battery is great, but I may buy a regular one eventually. This one's a bit heavier and bulkier. When the laptop's on a table, it tilts the keyboard up which I like. But when it's on my lap, I'm not sure yet if the larger battery will annoy me or not.