Striges

Calliopenjo

Esteemed thinker
Registered
Reaction score
In a townhouse over looking the tumble weed fields
If there is anybody out there that can answer this question, I owe you a hug. How do you kill Striges? They are supposed to be vampire like female demons and that I understand. I found references for that description, but what I want to know is how do you kill it? Same as a vampire? Stake through the heart?

Calliopenjo :Shrug:

IanMorrison

Registered
Reaction score
I got this from a link on the Strix page of wikipedia, does this help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigoi

I'm not quite sure if this is the creature you're looking for, but that article says that under Slovenian mythology you can end her powers by exposing her in public after witnessing those same powers (heh... she can't use them, so she's a witch!), and you can only kill her when she is feeding on the life force of a victim.

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
I've seen mention of them being descended from Harpies and Squeaking Door Hinges being a deterrent to them entering a house. Also saw that they could be placated with PIG meat.

While they do seem to drink blood, they don't seem to be vampires per se, so I am leaning towards the fact that you can maybe just go your own way.

They are linked to Owls and Night, so maybe an intense light could be used. The squeaking hinge suggests a noise vulnerability, so maybe sound?

This suggests ways to ward them off, but links them back to vampires.

Hope this helps. :D