NaNoLite?

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Flaming fingers types!
I am trying to prove (to myself) that I can write a 50,000 word book in less than a month. I would like to be through it in 15 days (meaning by the 15th of November). I would call it NaNo Lite, and it is harder to do than the normal NaNo. If anyone wants to challenge themselves and join the team for the triathlon of NaNodom, feel free to join the thread.

P.s. I will probably lose but I am a game player.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
oh, I'm SO in! I'm hoping to finish by this weekend, actually, so I'm not *too* stressed out for tech week of my show.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Yippie. You'd be NaNo lite-lite then. The Campaign of NaNo's. Effervescent and yet knock down powerful.

Overachievers Anonymous.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Me -- well, double-NaNo-lite. Going for 100K in a month, so to keep on track I need 50K by the 15th. And I want to build a cushion now because I hate falling behind. On track so far.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Go us!

So how are you guys doing so far? I'm at 26K, aiming for 30K by tonight.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
10K as of lunchtime; should be more tonight.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
I know you are ahead Shady-- been watching you from day one. I am at 15,531 as I write (have not updated).

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
This is how I write first drafts whether or not I'm NaNoing (actually, this is my first NaNo, but ya know.) Usually I finish the first draft in about a week. If it takes me longer than that, I start getting all angsty and second-guessing the plot and then it never gets finished.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to 95-100k the whole month, as well. I hit 11 and some change earlier. I'd like to break 13k by the end of the night. :) Count me in for Nano-lite.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I'm not aiming for a specific word count (other than more than 50k words), but I want to write a MS that is really good and polished, which means I'll be doing edits as the month progresses. Also, I want to finish the story before the 30th. That's my goal.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
~600 to go to hit goal tonight (13,333) and slogging. sleeeeppp....

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Next year when I'm not hooked on an election, I'll try for 100k in 30 days.

Of course I said that four years ago and have been scratching my self since. No wonder I can't BIC!

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Next year when I'm not hooked on an election, I'll try for 100k in 30 days.

I'm totally hooked on this election. Today (Tuesday the 4th) will be little spurts of writing till about 7pm when the real results come in-- then I will need to lay off. I still think I can pull in at least 4000 words, which would put me at 19,553.

larrypotter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markaiken.com
Wow, this is truly an overachievers' thread. I'll go back to an underachievers' thread in a minute!

I was wondering if you people who are shooting for 100K or 50K in 15 days are juggling kids and jobs too. If you are, then I'm really impressed.

I'm at 7000, looking to break 5 digits today, but I also hit two deadlines for paid assignments this week that didn't count towards my Nano count (not that they would have helped -- they were like 1000-word articles that just needed to be written and re-written. The Inner Editor was needed for those two -- it's tough to keep putting him away for Nano, but taking him out for real work!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Job, yeah; kids, only indirectly. (My little brother's play goes up this week, so I've been helping get ready for that, plus all the routine high school stuff.)

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for work, have interviews and am packing my whole house to move on the 15th.

Inkspill

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Good luck to everyone here!
I'm a bit ahead of the daily goals, but I don't think I want to put the pressure on myself to finish 50k by the fifteenth. But it if happens, that would be very cool. =)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Not kids and job, but a grotesquely loaded school month (partial exams, then partial proyects, then final proyects, then final exams, all during November) and also I've been struggling with crippling depression for a while. I've discovered that writing helps my depression, though, so once I manage to find the motivation to take my Neo out and put my fingers on the keyboard (hardest thing ever) then I'm all ready to go.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Dama on the school--I'm also Emily in Our Town--that opens on the 12th, so I'd like to be done with this by then, if possible.

Goal for today is 35K! Let's go!

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if you people who are shooting for 100K or 50K in 15 days are juggling kids and jobs too. If you are, then I'm really impressed.

No job, no kids, and I graduated in May. So, yeah, no reason not to aim for 100k.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I didn't hit 35K last night, but I'm still aiming for 40K today. How are you guys doing?