Honey, I'm home!!!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a learning experienece (with the in-laws) being homeless but the trip has finally come to an end! Those people were a nightmare x 10! My husband's family was less than welcoming and we aren't sure they would ever be able to reverse the damage they have caused from kicking us while we were down, but nevertheless...

:hooray:

It's over, and finally, I got to sleep in my own bed since August! And I'm surrounded by huge mounds of my stuff that needs to be put away and it feels good. As we were moving it all in we noticed, and laughed, that it was all crap! It may be crap but it's my crap!

Today starts the first day of the rest of my new life in my new city I've always wanted to live in! My kids have started their third school since school started this year. I'll have to reverse the damage there, but we're here and I'm glad to be out of that horrible house and that cramped hotel room.

I missed you guys terribly and it's good to be back home. I can't thank you guys enough for getting me through! *lovehugsandkisses*

Dorks. (means I really dig you) :D

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
Glad your back! You "sound" ecstatic.

Your in-laws sound really bad? Unsympathetic? I don't have any in-laws yet--thank God--I don't know if I would be able to handle them! Did you feel close to pulling out your hair while you were there? Just wondering.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting home. I lived with my in-laws during the mercifully brief interlude between moving to this city and finding a job/apartment herein. It was a helluva tough situation, and my ILs are overall good people (just v. European and given to periods of unexplicable nudity throughout the day). Can only imagine how tough it must have been for you.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad your back! You "sound" ecstatic.

Your in-laws sound really bad? Unsympathetic? I don't have any in-laws yet--thank God--I don't know if I would be able to handle them! Did you feel close to pulling out your hair while you were there? Just wondering.

It got so bad at one point that I begged my husband to take me to a hotel room or a mental hospital. But we didn't have money for either. He took me to the beach where I had a minni nervous break down and got myself together to be able to go back to that place I called the 'devil's den' and go to sleep. My Sil hadn't talked to us in 4 days because I told her not to talk to my daughter like she did. That family is such a mess. More than I ever knew. I will never go back there.

I hope you have nice in laws. I'm going to be a dream mother in law. I know how important it is to my kids to love the ones they love.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
The dorkette is back!
annhe.gif

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting home. I lived with my in-laws during the mercifully brief interlude between moving to this city and finding a job/apartment herein. It was a helluva tough situation, and my ILs are overall good people (just v. European and given to periods of unexplicable nudity throughout the day). Can only imagine how tough it must have been for you.

OMGosh! :roll:

I liked my in laws better when I didn't know them so well. Now it's burned in my memory.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on settling into a new home! You're right on time to fill the new place with great family memories over thanksgiving and winter holidays.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh sweetie....I know it's hard to think like this now.....but do your best to put it all behind you. You're right....today is the first day of the rest of your life. big HUGS to you and yours.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know the full story, but it sounds like your personal hell is over. Welcome back and I'M TELLING MOM YOU'RE CALLING ME A DORK!

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Terri, I know it was a hard road..you are a brilliant trooper..so glad things are settling in now..enjoy putting all your 'junk' away.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It got so bad at one point that I begged my husband to take me to a hotel room or a mental hospital. But we didn't have money for either. He took me to the beach where I had a minni nervous break down and got myself together to be able to go back to that place I called the 'devil's den' and go to sleep. My Sil hadn't talked to us in 4 days because I told her not to talk to my daughter like she did. That family is such a mess. More than I ever knew. I will never go back there.

I hope you have nice in laws. I'm going to be a dream mother in law. I know how important it is to my kids to love the ones they love.

So sorry to hear about your bad experience, Terri.

I'm lucky to have nice in-laws. My husband introduced me to his mother very early on when we were dating and I liked her a lot. And then he introduced me to his brothers and sisters and I liked them, too.

Maybe you could write about some of what you went through. Put those people into your next novel!

Good luck from this day forward!

Lauren

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LaurenRBamberger.com
I wasn't here when you were before, but as someone who can relate (in a MAJOR way) to having sucky family, I hope it only gets better for you from here on out! Best wishes with your new home.

PS Nice to meet you :)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Terri, I'm so glad you're in stable living conditions once again, and your hubby is working.

The kids should adjust -- it's early enough in the school year that by the time spring comes around, they'll have pretty much assimilated into the new school. And a stable home life will help them more than the best of schools to do well.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your bad experience, Terri.

I'm lucky to have nice in-laws. My husband introduced me to his mother very early on when we were dating and I liked her a lot. And then he introduced me to his brothers and sisters and I liked them, too.

Maybe you could write about some of what you went through. Put those people into your next novel!

Good luck from this day forward!

Oh, they're in! They already have names. Wierded-out, Bummed-out and Out-to-lunch!

I wasn't here when you were before, but as someone who can relate (in a MAJOR way) to having sucky family, I hope it only gets better for you from here on out! Best wishes with your new home.

PS Nice to meet you :)

Hey, thanks! Nice to meet you too! Sorry that you can relate.

Terri, I'm so glad you're in stable living conditions once again, and your hubby is working.

The kids should adjust -- it's early enough in the school year that by the time spring comes around, they'll have pretty much assimilated into the new school. And a stable home life will help them more than the best of schools to do well.

I hope they don't hate me forever for this. I remember having to go through this as a kid but on a heavier scale. We're going to have great holidays to make up for it.

Thanks all!