Anyhone having a perfectly uneventful NaNo?

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
I see threads for false starts, misbehaving characters, etc....am I weird in that my NaNo is going great so far? Slightly above target for word count, everything going smoothly, and I love how my book is coming out.

LOL I guess it's just not as much fun to talk about when nothing's going wrong...yet!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have to get back to you on that one. My post count sits squarely at a big fat ZERO right now. lol

Captain Howdy

closer + prettier than ever
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm with you Twnkltoz. My characters are misbehaving, but that's exactly what they should be doing. The first chapter came off without a hitch, two murders and the theft of a rare and priceless book. I've still got another thousand words in me today, but I'm currently at about 7,000...way ahead of schedule. Thoroughly delighted with the results so far.

Unfortunately, I only outlined the first act...I may be in trouble come this time next week!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine's behaving itself. Almost 6K in two days (and another about 500 hand-written on the bus this morning) and I'm still chugging along just fine. I like what I have and I'm enjoying the ride.

Not exciting, but I'll take it over writing angst any day.

GeorgieB

Almost a wannabe writer
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, it's going smoothly. I credit the detailed outline that I created for NaNo for keeping me on track with only one (so far) digression. 9500 words written. I even had time to participate in the Flash Fiction challenge here at AW last night.

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
My novel's going smoothly....Real Life on the other hand...

I'm in the midst of packing both my office and my house (I'm moving likely in January and yes, I'm crazy enough to want to do a little bit at a time so I'm not overwhelmed at the end).

Work crazy is hitting an all-time high since I'm leaving in two months.

And Mom keeps calling and wanting to get together.

But I'm ahead on word count...

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I see threads for false starts, misbehaving characters, etc....am I weird in that my NaNo is going great so far? Slightly above target for word count, everything going smoothly, and I love how my book is coming out.

LOL I guess it's just not as much fun to talk about when nothing's going wrong...yet!
That's not quite how I envisioned a "perfectly uneventful NaNo" - slightly above target isn't the same as exactly 1666 words per day. :)

Gogirl

Registered
Reaction score
4000 words so far and now I'm stuck. So today, yeah, uneventful and trying.

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
That's not quite how I envisioned a "perfectly uneventful NaNo" - slightly above target isn't the same as exactly 1666 words per day. :)

LOL should I have called it a "slightly above expectations NaNo"? :)

virtue_summer

Always learning
Registered
Reaction score
NaNo is going great for me too. I've completely fallen in love with my story, I'm fascinated by my characters, and my scenes are coming out reasonably well. Some of what I write I'd actually say is quite good. This is my first year participating and so far I love NaNo! Word count? Just a bit over the minimum, which is fine with me.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
I am quite amazed by how good this book is coming out so far. I am tearing through it and feel it is actually good.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Going well so far. Above target -- well, right about on target since I'm doing a double word count and want a one-day cushion over and above that.

The infernal editor won't shut up, but so far is ok with yammering at me and making mental notes of what I've forgotten or done wrong.

Kryianna

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is going well. I'm a bit ahead of word count, and have more written than I thought I would at this point in the plot. I'm not too sure what's going to be happening next, but I'm winging it.

RL, on the other hand, is not behaving in the least. If it hasn't been one thing, it's been another.

burgy61

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Mine is going really well too, my word count is a little over 7k and I know where the story is going. I'm hoping to be able to keep the momentum going through the end of the week.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
In the words of Uncle Jim: Then a shot rang out.

Go, Gogirl!

Or in the other words of Uncle Jim: "Suddenly, a naked woman screamed."

:D

I actually opened the story with this, though it wasn't a woman and he wasn't naked...

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
My novel's doing great. Real life sucks really hard, though, so that's keeping me from writing all the greatness in one sitting. Oh, well. Here's to hoping... aw, forget it. I've no optimism left. I'll just finish my novel and that's it.

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
I still don't have a topic. :D

However, I got page ten back from my illustrator this morning for my graphic novel. WOOT!
Girl scout troupe inexplicably find themselves in Uruguay when the bus driver on their field trip takes a wrong turn at Albuquerque. Finance their trip home by weaving baskets out of banana skins. Go!

GJCWalker

Well my young adult novel was going along just fine until they stumbled upon the pedophiliac serial killer. The girls defended themselves admirably, but they brutally dismembered him in the process, then, not knowing what to do, they started cutting him up and putting the remains down the garbage disposal, at which point I really felt that I had lost the youth audiance and my odds of getting Scholastic Press to pick it up are ever diminishing.

Those girls are more of a pain than they are worth.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Well for going in without a plot and just a first line and a very vague idea- I am pleased with how things are shaping up. I'm a little over 10K right now and despite a hell of a lot of telling instead of showing (to be fixed in editing) I kind of like the story!

MagicMan

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is going great. It has completely deviated from the outline. The story line is much better than the outline, so no concerns. Unfortunately old habits die hard, I have spent more time researching than writing. Oh dear, 9808 words to date.

Smiles
Bob