PDA

View Full Version : SEO Optimization

Rowdymama
11-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I hope someone can point me to the best basic course on SEO OPT. Free, of course. I want to learn as much as I can in the next few days.

Thanks for any help.

Bill Ward
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't know about a course, but I learned a good deal just from reading blogs like problogger. I think a google search will turn up quite a lot of quality material, all the big blogger are constantly talking about SEO.

Rowdymama
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Thank you, Bill. Good advice.

escritora
11-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Rowdymama - all the info you need is on the net. The key is to implement the strategies. There is a SEO forum that has a great rep. It's http://www.highrankings.com/forum/

Sunshine13
11-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Lynda.com, isn't free, but there's more than just stuff about SEO, so it's worth it if you want to learn other stuff. $30 a month. My husband is a member. They pretty much teach almost anything I think. I plan on checking out their SEO course.

Tirjasdyn
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Here's the skinny:

Fill out your meta tags,
Dont repeate content...this gets you rank booted
Have content.

Finally if you have to be at the top...you have to pay (as in money) for it.

End of story. Search engines change their criteria all the time. Some require you submit, but most dont' any more. there is no trick adn teh ONLY way to guarantee a top list it pay the search engine money

I'm a web designer..I've been to enough seo optimization courses to know they are NOT worth the money.

I hope someone can point me to the best basic course on SEO OPT. Free, of course. I want to learn as much as I can in the next few days.

Thanks for any help.

caseyquinn
11-05-2008, 11:48 PM
SEO is a tricky thing as what is used by search engines to determine rank changes. Biggest things to remember:

1. Get links to your site
2. Have contest that target the keywords you want people to search on
3. Make sure your site is submitted to all of the search engines
4. As said above, dont have "post123" as your url - make sure they are keyword rich - generally should use the title of your post or page as the url name.
5. Read and keep reading as tactics change often

escritora
11-06-2008, 05:50 AM
SEO isn't hard. It's time consuming. I have several websites (one is my main business and the others are adsense sites). All my sites rank high. My main site is number one for organic searches...I'd say roughly thirty plus keywords. I don't pay a dime. Though I paid a lot in sweat. The rest of the keywords and there are hundreds rank in the top thirty.

I clear six figures with zero advertising dollars. None. Zero. Zip. But again, it is time consuming. You have to be patient. In the end, however, it is all worth it.

escritora
11-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Just to piggyback on some thoughts

1. Get links to your site - The anchor text should be the keyword that you are targeting.
4. As said above, dont have "post123" as your url - make sure they are keyword rich - generally should use the title of your post or page as the url name. If you have already chosen a URL don't worry about this step. It isn't necesary. My main site doesn't have a keyword, it's the name of my company.