Word warriors

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
I'd like to have a word war with somebody about my speed. Like, not fast. I'm hoping to do 1000-2000 words a day, to end the month between 30,000 and 50,000.

Any non-speed demons willing to take me up?

Of course, anybody else looking for a word warrior can use this thread too. (I'm magnanimous that way.)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
That's about my goal, too.

It's on, like Donkey Kong ;)

Captain Howdy

closer + prettier than ever
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm in...I'm unemployed so I set a goal of 3,000 per day...mostly to get ahead of the game when that job offer DOES show up! I had a spectacular start on Saturday as well, but also doubt it will last. I have a fairly detailed (for me, anyway) first act outlined, but it's fairly dim after that point. But I do enjoy the sense of surprise and discovery!

Day 1: 3,352
Day 2: 2,734
Day 3: 3,453

Last edited:

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
OK Melanie, just don't show me up too much eh?

Captain Howdy, I hope somebody who can match your speed will turn up for a one-on-one with you. You're moving about 3 times as fast as me. *coughs in your dust*

Captain Howdy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah I just posted a notice over on the M/S/T forum, they have a monthly 500 words a day thread but there are currently some NaNoers posting there who are way ahead of me...so I invited them to come post word counts over here just so I'm not looking like a speed demon anymore.

btw, I have done two hour long sessions so far today and am at 2,689 for the day

:partyguy:

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
Oh, thank God! People who write at my speed! (slow but steady :D)

Everywhere I looked I was seeing all these massive word counts after just two or three days and I was starting to feel intimidated.

I started out with a lowly 700 words the first day, then another 2000 the next. Yesterday I managed about 1300, despite the fact I had unexpected company. Today I've added another 1300 but I'm not finished yet.

My goal is between 1500 and 2000 a day.

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
Ladycat, you're my kind of feline. I was writing by hand at the write-in tonight, but my estimated total is 4711 (not for the day, for the whole month so far). Probably a bit more, but I'll get it all typed in tomorrow. I'd love to get up to 1667 a day. Maybe tomorrow...

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
I had a really good day, so I'm up to almost 7K. That's behind the 50K goal, but way ahead of the 30K one.

Ladycat, I don't know your NaNo name. If you buddy me, I'll add you to my word war widget. (Sorry Melanie, you're just way too fast for me...)

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
Yay, Melanie! (But when the police pull you over for speeding, I will cheer as I drive by... hehehe.)

Amanda, this thread is open to anybody. :)

Seeing as you're approximately my speed, I'll even add you to my widget. Woo hoo! (You can tell your grandchildren some day.)

Buddy me on NaNo (I'm Judg there too) or send me your user #.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Oh that's right. You need to know the author id... it's such a pain.

Captain Howdy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Still hitting my daily goal of 3000 with 3,360 today. Didn't really push myself, all that was done in a little over two hours...but I'm very hesitant about starting a new chapter tomorrow, finally introducing the rest of my characters. Hopefully some novel reading, moving watching, and dreaming will give me some clues for tomorrow morning.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot. They turned the author search off and haven't turned it back on. Send me your user #.

If you're trying to link to another user and know the user name, a trick is to send the user a private message. On your "My NaNoWriMo" author page, click on "Check & Send NaNoMail" in the list on the left. Go to "Compose" and start typing in the user name in the "To" box. The site will automatically give you the list of users who match what you've typed in.

Once you've sent the message, you'll have a link in the message directly to the user's author page. Go to that page, then click on "add as buddy".

And good luck to all Word Warriors! Just keep writing!

:Sun:

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
If you're trying to link to another user and know the user name, a trick is to send the user a private message. On your "My NaNoWriMo" author page, click on "Check & Send NaNoMail" in the list on the left. Go to "Compose" and start typing in the user name in the "To" box. The site will automatically give you the list of users who match what you've typed in.

Once you've sent the message, you'll have a link in the message directly to the user's author page. Go to that page, then click on "add as buddy".

And good luck to all Word Warriors! Just keep writing!

:Sun:

Genius!