Do you believe Obama is a Muslim?

Do you believe Obama is a Muslim? (YES or NO, please offer proof below.)

• No. I don't know what he is, but I'm certain he's not a Muslim, and I offer proof below.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. He's Christian. He says he's Christian, and I offer proof below.

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Yes. He's Muslim. The press is confused or downplaying it. I offer proof below.

• Yes. He's Muslim -- a SECRET Muslim, only pretending he's not Muslim, and I offer proof below.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I do not, but I continue to hear people claim he is in spite of the fact that Obama insists he is not, and even McCain insists he is not.

So I'd like to ask for evidence from anyone who believes this. Not just "I heard it," or "His name sounds Islamic," but actual evidence.

(And there's a poll coming, so please wait for it to generate.)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Does it really matter if he is a Muslim? Isn't America the land of the free? Can't anyone no matter what their religion be a president? Or do you have to be a christian?

petec

Lurking
Registered
Reaction score
Does it really matter if he is a Muslim? Isn't America the land of the free? Can't anyone no matter what their religion be a president? Or do you have to be a christian?

What does religion have to do with being

THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website

I guess it's more an issue of the accusation that he's a terrorist and he's out to usher in an Islamic nation here in America. He can certainly be a Muslim and still run for president. I'm just amazed that the idea is STILL out there.

Sarah Silverman's Big Schlep is a partial reaction to the notion that he's a Muslim. And the Florida vote might very well be imapcted by this notion (thus her call for The Big Schlep).

petec

Lurking
Registered
Reaction score
What does religion have anything to do with being with being the

THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe it doesn't matter to anyone except the small-minded... the same kind who care that the man is black. :D

Personally, I think a Muslim in the White House could be kind of interesting... can you imagine having to sit through some of those boring state dinners without the benefit of champagne? *shudders*

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I asked someone just the other day where this Muslim idea keeps coming from. Honestly, anyone who continues to think Obama is a Muslim has clearly not been paying attention to the election.

Allow me to quote Colin Powell:
I'm also troubled by, not what Sen. McCain says, but what members of the party say. And it is permitted to be said, such things as, "Well, you that know Mr. Obama is a Muslim." Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is: What if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some 7-year-old Muslim American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, "He's a Muslim and he might be associated with terrorists." This is not the way we should be doing it in America.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in Ireland and no doubt went to school with many who later became a member of the IRA or UVF or UFF. I know for sure one person did, but I only found out by reading the newspaper. I hope that no-one holds that against me. I was only five at the time and I didn't know any better.

petec

Lurking
Registered
Reaction score
What does it matter the colour of a mans skin to do with being

THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA

petec

Lurking
Registered
Reaction score
NO
I have already crossed dawno
I can see a ban coming up

bye
pete

Last edited:

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since when does being a Muslim automatically confer terrorist status on a person? Does his Christianity make Obama a "safer" choice than if he were in fact a Muslim? The very idea that anyone thinks that makes me ill.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Since when does being a Muslim automatically confer terrorist status on a person? Does his Christianity make Obama a "safer" choice than if he were in fact a Muslim? The very idea that anyone thinks that makes me ill.

I agree.

But that's not why I even bothered to post this thread. I posted it because I want to know if anyone here really believes he's a Muslim.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
I asked someone just the other day where this Muslim idea keeps coming from. Honestly, anyone who continues to think Obama is a Muslim has clearly not been paying attention to the election.

Allow me to quote Colin Powell:
Quote:
I'm also troubled by, not what Sen. McCain says, but what members of the party say. And it is permitted to be said, such things as, "Well, you that know Mr. Obama is a Muslim." Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is: What if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some 7-year-old Muslim American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, "He's a Muslim and he might be associated with terrorists." This is not the way we should be doing it in America.
________
I'd rather have a devout Muslim than a hate-mongering evangelical Christian at the helm.

Only an idiot would assume that all Muslims are terrorists.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
PD, I'd think it would be almost impossible to find anyone on this board--particularly on P&CE--who is uninformed enough to really think that Obama is a Muslim. God knows we've thrashed this out enough over the past year.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Can you really prove someone's religion? When it comes down to it, the only proof is what a person says he or she is and what he or she actively practices. We can't really examine someone's thoughts and heart, which is where the only definitive proof would lie.

Last edited:

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Only an idiot would assume that all Muslims are terrorists.

The thing is that Obama could no more make the USA an Islamic nation than John Kennedy could have made the USA a Catholic nation (nor could Mitt Romney had made it a Mormon nation). But what even MORE ludicrous about this whole Kennedy-esque fear is that Obama isn't even a Muslim to begin with.

Last edited:

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
PD, I'd think it would be almost impossible to find anyone on this board--particularly on P&CE--who is uninformed enough to really think that Obama is a Muslim. God knows we've thrashed this out enough over the past year.

Did the Obama-is-a-Muslim thing get hashed out here already? (I missed that. I wasn't paying attention --for real, I wasn't..)

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can you really prove someone's religion? When it comes down to it, the only proof is what a person says he or she is and what they practice. We can't really examine someone's thoughts and heart, which is where the only definitive proof would lie.
That's a good point. I've never believed Dick Cheney was actually a Christian. He just seems way too cynical to me to be holding that belief system. But I can't prove it; for all I really know he prays to Jesus for forgiveness all day, every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.