My story is out today

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Hey folks, it's November 1st, so my tale Avocado Tree is up online at Nossa Morte, part of their anniversary issue. Look at the table of contents... I'm Vincent Pendergast!

It's horror, of course, and not strictly about an avocado tree. It's my first sale, it's just over flash sized, and it earned me $25 US. Which, thanks to the horrible state of the Aussie dollar, is worth about 50% more to me now than it would have a couple months ago.

I'm pretty pleased with it.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
Congratulations on your accomplishment. I really enjoyed reading your story.

Hmm, my DH grows avacodos from seeds, should I be worried- ;)

Good luck with your future publications.

C A Winters

Never say "I can't."
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is something to be pleased about. I might mention also, that cover is WOW!

I’m a little puzzled. (Not unusual for me.) I can’t seem to navigate past Harrison Howe’s story. Maybe it’s the frames, or the fact that I’m not familiar with the format. Please guide me to your story.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and good luck

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is something to be pleased about. I might mention also, that cover is WOW!

I’m a little puzzled. (Not unusual for me.) I can’t seem to navigate past Harrison Howe’s story. Maybe it’s the frames, or the fact that I’m not familiar with the format. Please guide me to your story.

Yeah they have a new format, and it confused me too. Go to the Howe story, then look at the links on the right. It shows the story titles, but not the authors.

By the way, I workshopped this tale in our own AW horror SYW.

Clio

In the mind warp pavilion
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Beezle - I really enjoyed that. A tightly-written, intense piece - it held me rigid through every line. And I did not guess the twist until two lines from the end.

Congratulations! :Sun:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good stuff, Beezle - congratulations.