Not open for further replies.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Ok - so, I submitted the thing over a week ago, they never contact me to say it's gonna go, or send a contract or anything (after the oped editor - WHO I LOVE should she ever google me and see this post - requested the piece in the first place).

Then this morning, I get a BRAVO email from a friend who made it to her driveway before me. Can I just say, IT'S F***ing HUGE - I mean, size-wise (and size usually doesn't matter to me). Maureen Dowd in a straight column down the left, local oped person on the right, then mine, ENORMOUS in the center of the page with a great illustration and TONS of white space all around. Ok - I'm feeling good.

Here's the link - it's in THE PLAIN DEALER (Cleveland) and it looks so much better in newsprint. The Internet couldn't translate the funky font they used for the word "Balance."

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY EVERYONE

http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1115285858281160.xml?ocoth

aboyd

Sandwich Maker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.outshine.com
From the article:

I'm not single, unemployed, financially poor, in my teens, or physically or mentally disabled, and none of my kids require assistance beyond my means or abilities. To rant about my life as difficult, when thousands of mothers who bear the burden of these special circumstances live within miles of me, would be insensitive and insulting, to say the least.
That's admirable. Your husband is lucky to have you.

-Tony

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Just finished reading your column...

Wow! Way cool, Jill! That was fabulous!

This part gave me a good laugh...

''Heck, I've consumed three brownies in five minutes just exposing these flaws.''

Congrats! Have another brownie, you did great! :Clap:

celeste

Last edited:

thistle

Hipster Doofus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so happy for you, Jill! What a great piece! :Cheers:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Bravo and congrats, Jill!

p.s. now if only they would print my op-ed. At the Bigfoot Bride magazine, of course. grumble grumble.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Cool, Jill!

Will you still remember us little folk after you git to the top?

Grrrreat article. I must be doin' a good job at mommin' cuz I've got balls droppin' like rain around here! ;)

-paprikapink

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
paprikapink said:
Cool, Jill!

Will you still remember us little folk after you git to the top?

Grrrreat article. I must be doin' a good job at mommin' cuz I've got balls droppin' like rain around here! ;)

-paprikapink

Pkpk - You're too funny! I got an email from a friend who'd read the piece that said that she particularly loved my disclosures, "I never knew you were one of US!"

Ever hear of the clinical diagnosis of Imposter Syndrome!?

Status
Not open for further replies.