PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Op-ed published

mommie4a
05-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok - so, I submitted the thing over a week ago, they never contact me to say it's gonna go, or send a contract or anything (after the oped editor - WHO I LOVE should she ever google me and see this post - requested the piece in the first place).

Then this morning, I get a BRAVO email from a friend who made it to her driveway before me. Can I just say, IT'S F***ing HUGE - I mean, size-wise (and size usually doesn't matter to me). Maureen Dowd in a straight column down the left, local oped person on the right, then mine, ENORMOUS in the center of the page with a great illustration and TONS of white space all around. Ok - I'm feeling good.

Here's the link - it's in THE PLAIN DEALER (Cleveland) and it looks so much better in newsprint. The Internet couldn't translate the funky font they used for the word "Balance."

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY EVERYONE

http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1115285858281160.xml?ocoth

Sarita
05-05-2005, 07:44 PM
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

YAY Jill! Nice article! :)

determined2finish
05-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Congratulations Jill!!! :Trophy:

veinglory
05-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Good job!

aboyd
05-05-2005, 08:57 PM
From the article:

I'm not single, unemployed, financially poor, in my teens, or physically or mentally disabled, and none of my kids require assistance beyond my means or abilities. To rant about my life as difficult, when thousands of mothers who bear the burden of these special circumstances live within miles of me, would be insensitive and insulting, to say the least.That's admirable. Your husband is lucky to have you.

-Tony

Celeste
05-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Just finished reading your column...

Wow! Way cool, Jill! That was fabulous!

This part gave me a good laugh...

''Heck, I've consumed three brownies in five minutes just exposing these flaws.''

Congrats! Have another brownie, you did great! :Clap:

celeste

awatkins
05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Well done, Jill! Great article. Congrats on everything, layout, placement, the whole shebang! :Sun:

Julie Anne
05-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Great article Jill!
Congratulations.... :Clap: :Clap:

Julie Anne

thistle
05-05-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm so happy for you, Jill! What a great piece! :Cheers:

maestrowork
05-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Bravo and congrats, Jill!

p.s. now if only they would print my op-ed. At the Bigfoot Bride magazine, of course. grumble grumble.

aka eraser
05-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Well done Jill! :Thumbs:

Anastacia
05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Very nicely written. I think most mothers can relate to your feelings.

paprikapink
05-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Cool, Jill!

Will you still remember us little folk after you git to the top?

Grrrreat article. I must be doin' a good job at mommin' cuz I've got balls droppin' like rain around here! ;)

-paprikapink

mommie4a
05-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Cool, Jill!

Will you still remember us little folk after you git to the top?

Grrrreat article. I must be doin' a good job at mommin' cuz I've got balls droppin' like rain around here! ;)

-paprikapink

Pkpk - You're too funny! I got an email from a friend who'd read the piece that said that she particularly loved my disclosures, "I never knew you were one of US!"

Ever hear of the clinical diagnosis of Imposter Syndrome!?

rich
05-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Very witty piece, Jill.