NaNoWriMo and Living without AW for 30 days :(

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
How on god's green earth am I going to make it 30 days without going to AW everyday.

I'm dreading the coming withdrawal symptoms.

And then there is a part of me that feels like I will be 'cheating' on AW with a hot summer fling that just happens to be in town for a little while.

I'm telling myself that I can only come to AW if, and only if, i'm ahead on my word count, and even then, i'm only giving myself 3 - 4 fifteen minute visits per week *gulp*

How am I gonna manage? I think I'm freaking out. The pressure, the pressure. Uggg!!!!!

Mel...

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I'm... not going to give up on AW. I've been mostly a lurker these past months, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading the threads. I'll find a way to make it work.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Use it as a reward (which is what I do year round: accomplish something, get 15 minutes on AW.)

So, make your word count for the day and let yourself log on for 15 minutes. :)

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm gonna be on AW constantly. I can't just sit down and write, blah. I'm the "constantly switch between windows" type.

**likes to break rules**

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I'll still be here. I'm writing a lot at work so during the day I'll pop in and out as I also write, and pretend to be working on some uber important spreadsheet.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I like to think of it as multi-tasking...

"No, wait, I bet someone asked this very same question on AW! I'll have to look. Then I'll have my answer and all will be right with the world!" **clicks on AW**

"No. Not there. Let me look here."

"Hmm... maybe in this forum."

"No, I know I saw in in Office Party!"

See how easy it is? :D

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I logon to AW during the day, and I write at night. Also, I don't write on a machine that hooks up to the Internet, so that lessens the temptation.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I plan on making a few comments on AW, although I might have to choose between this site and the NaNo site. I will probably come over here more often because the navigation is so smooth.

Agreed. AW is much more reliable than the NaNo site. I'll probably be haunting this subforum for the moral support (and commiseration ;) ).

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'll still be here. :) I'm determined to not let NaNo take over my life...and to STILL make 50k. I'm not making myself do so many words a day...but I will have 50k by the end!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I logon to AW during the day, and I write at night. Also, I don't write on a machine that hooks up to the Internet, so that lessens the temptation.

Exactly what I do. Check AW in the morning, lunch and maybe before I leave work for the day. Once I get home, it's onto the non-Net machine to write and then maybe check online before I go to bed. But, then, I'm not usually online much in the evening anyway, so it's not a great change for me.

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I'm aiming for 75,000-80,000 words so I have something to knock into shape and possibly query afterwards. Other than sleeping and walking the dogs I have nothing else planned so I SHOULD get onto AW every day, although it might be limited to "meet and greet" newbies and less time messing around in the word games... ;)

Last edited:

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
I'll probably still log on about as often as I do now. This is probably the only place I'm gonna find any support. All the people in my life are just gonna be like, "Why don't you answer your phone anymore?!?!" instead of, "Wow that's a good thing you're doing right there."

Kryianna

Registered
Reaction score
AW and the NaNo forums are my reward for hitting word counts, and my go-to places for ideas of what to happen in the next scene. I need the support network as well; I've found that November is the only real time I can write anymore.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I log in here frequently during NaNo. I just don't play around in Office Party and such. NaNo doesn't have to take over your life. It really doesn't.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
O.k.

Well, this is my first NaNo so not quite sure how it will go. I'll see how the first week goes with the word count. Perhaps, AW will be the reward, hit my word count for the day, then I get 15 minutes.

Well see

Mel....