Ready for NaNo?
  • awesome plot
  • excellent characters
  • amazing settings
  • copy of Strunk & White at the ready
  • outline (or not)
  • NaNo snacks
HOLY SNOT - I have no title!

Help AWers in need of your brilliance - suggest a title for their NaNo novel then share the couch with them while on Oprah in December.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I got mine from the NaNo forum dares thread, with a little bit of tweaking. The dare was to have someone die by trombone, but for me, it had to be trumpets. And without giving too much away, it's the entire viola section that gets it. Which might be no loss to some of you, but I'm a violist...

So, Death By Trumpet it is.

Does anyone not have a title at this stage? 'Cause if so, I'll take a stab at thinking one up for you? :D

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
So, Death By Trumpet it is.

Does anyone not have a title at this stage? 'Cause if so, I'll take a stab at thinking one up for you? :D

No title, but I wasn't really planning on having one anytime soon. Oh, and I don't really have plot ideas either, so just go for it, I want to see what you come up with. Gimme a title!!

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Random titles 'r us:

Revenge of the Hedgehogs

Sneaking Through the Grocery Store

Snow Day in Hell

Forest of Loneliness

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
What the Egg Contains

The Gardener's Altar

Invisible

Not Quite A Secret

The Three C's (Chick-lit title, referring to chocolate, coffee, and credit cards)

The Red Brick House With the White Picket Fence

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Argh! A couple of these are just begging to be written, now. Somebody stop me...

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
There are stories waiting for you after NaNo, Yeshanu...

:D

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
<== points at Dares thread

There's one in there, with a batch of cookies attacked! [attack of the NaNoisms! That was supposed to be "attached".:rolleyes:]

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to doublecheck my title, I think it's this most original sequence of words "The Title Of My Novel," but nanowrimo.org has a page up saying it's down. Or that's what the latest twitter message says. I was also gonna check to see how slow it is, just under a day from zero hour, but yeah, it's awfully, terribly, horribly slow right now. The twitter thing says 77,000+ authors signed up so far.

Oh, titles. I hear publishers change them all the time, so what's the point anyway.

Oh yeah, that brings up one more scratch title:

The Placeholder

But maybe I'll use several of these titles, perhaps as chapter titles or general inspiration (I'm afraid if I read through the dares thread my novel will be just like everyone else's). These could make good chapter titles, at least they're not something silly like TANSTAAFL. Well, maybe that one wasn't so silly.

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
I have a title that I don't think I like at all. So help would be great. I'm writing a urban fantasy about a girl who's a witch that's just starting college. I can't decide if it's going to be a young adult book or not yet. Help?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid if I read through the dares thread my novel will be just like everyone else's.

That's the fun part. We all have unique minds and unique experiences to bring to the dares, so I imagine the novels, even those that use dares quite liberally, are very different.

As far as "The Placeholder" is concerned, it works for now. :tongue

Kryianna

Registered
Reaction score
I have a title that I don't think I like at all. So help would be great. I'm writing a urban fantasy about a girl who's a witch that's just starting college. I can't decide if it's going to be a young adult book or not yet. Help?

Witch Dorm
Sororities are for the non-Spellers

That's all I got. :)

I could use some help with mine as well. I'm writing a contemporary romance. The MC has run several successful internet companies until they got bought out, so she's rich. The board of her current company is trying to push her out the door (this is a subplot). She spends the night in a small town in Ohio while traveling, and sees an abandoned 100 year old Carnegie Library in good upkeep, with inventory intact. The book is about her trying to purchase the library from the cute but egotistical out-of-town lawyer; deal with Dewey, the ghost caretaker of the library; and fall in love with the handsome detective in charge with investigating the ghost's murder.

Wow. I really need to get that description down in size, too. :)

Feathers

emerging from the writing cave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.headdeskforwriters.blogspot.com
Ummm, ummm, Witchy Wasteland? Hah. It sounds like a song.

I have a title for mine, but I didn't have a chance to tell my partner about it yet, so it's not decided.

-feathers

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw icerose's sig line. I know she meant to have her title followed by page count, separated by some form of punctuation. But she forgot the punctuation, and this is what she's got:

The Summer We Walked 30 pages

I like it!

Hmm...

College aged witches. Library ghosts. Let me think...

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Witch Way to the Top

The Enchanting Freshman

The Ghost Writer

The Wind That Turns the Pages

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered