NaNo Self Rewards

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Someone mentioned in the "Survival Kit" thread about "self rewards" for reaching certain goals during NaNo. So what are YOUR self rewards?

Mine:
15K An hour surfing YouTube for "30 Seconds to Mars" videos
30K Two hours playing Wii or PS3
50K A day at the beach

And it never hurts to aim a little higher, so just in case I make it:
75K An hour surfing YouTube for "30 Seconds to Mars" videos, followed by two hours playing Wii or PS3, and a day at the beach.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I have one. If I somehow manage to stay on course and hit the daily goal for the entire first week, I will allow myself to use my next afternoon off to play PS3 after writing. (I have Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm preordered. :D)

If I hit 50k, I will treat myself to this.

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
My self-rewards are a bit like my rewards for surviving from day to day in life - to live another day without going hungry or getting too cold/ill or my computer packing up and hope for that to continue...
I do have some chocolate in the fridge though, bought in when it was on special offer :)

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A manuscript.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Never thought about it. I think I'll be so excited that I made it...and finish my manuscript and start editing! haha - no award.

Well, maybe a new pair of shoes. ;)

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Actually I do need a new leather riding jacket...

BBShopMom

Registered
Reaction score
Because I failed so miserably last year, I think I may deprive myself of Starbucks and/or Chipotle and then treat myself for every so many words. I haven't decided just yet, but I probably should do that soon.

DisenchantedDoc

Give me believable dialogue
Registered
Reaction score
I've already booked a spa package for 1 December: massage, facial, mani-pedi, and body wrap.

Of course, if I reach 50K words before then, I may need to change the date. :D

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm...good idea but I hadn't decided yet. I live less than a block from a bakery with the most amazing ham&cheese croissants, so rather than a reward I might institute a punishment of no croissants if I didn't meet the previous days goals. (I don't eat them every day, but damn if I don't want to)
Hmmm... maybe a dinner at Ruth's Chris if I can reach 75k. That would be quite the incentive. I'll have to talk to hubby.

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
I ordered one of the NaNo t-shirts. I'm thinking that I shouldn't wear it until I hit 25,000. But don't I need to wear it all along for inspiration?
Haven't decided yet...

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't really thought about it before, but it's a good idea. It might motivate me a little bit to keep going. Hmmm... I wonder what I can come up with. I'll have to give it some thought.

Harper K

here's to the girl on the go
Registered
Reaction score
Website
weirdquietgirl.wordpress.com
I have a truly maddening amount of writing-related things to do next month:

- revisions of YA novel to send to editor who requested full manuscript (about 1/3 of the way there)
- short story to send to local contest (deadline: Nov. 21)
- short memoir to send to local contest (deadline: Nov. 15 - halfway finished with this one)
- flash fiction piece to send to local contest (deadline Nov. 15 - almost finished, though)

And -- oh yeah -- I signed up for my 8th NaNo.

When I get the novel revisions done, my husband is taking me out to a place called the James Joyce Pub that features vegetarian bangers and mash on its menu.

If I get the novel revisions plus the shorts sent out on time, I'm buying myself two cast albums from Sondheim musicals.

If I get the novel revisions, the shorts, AND NaNo done all within the month of November, I'm buying myself a membership to Crunch Fitness. Because clearly I will have been doing nothing but sitting on my ass all month.

PHEW.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I usually reward myself with doughnuts. No achievement is too small to justify more doughnuts.

And if I fail, I'll commiserate with doughnuts.