robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_595810.html
Anita Moncrief, a former Washington, D.C. staffer for Project Vote, which she described as a sister organization of ACORN, said her supervisor told her the list of campaign contributors came from the Obama campaign. Moncrief said she has a copy of a "development plan" that outlines how Obama contributors who had "maxed out" under federal contribution limits would be targeted to give to Project Vote, and that it was her job to identify such contributors.
Moncrief said she had received repeated warnings to "back off" from testifying today by people she knows at ACORN.
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh...

There's much more that she claimed. I'm sure it will be out, soon enough.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
Well, on the money note- there has been some interesting developments about who can give and how much.

I believe, and I can be wrong about this, under McCain-Fiengold you can only give X amount to a candidate in primary and general election. Where X is equal to 2600 or so $'s.

But there is no limit on how much you can give to say, the DNC or RNC. And that applies to joint events as well. Like, say Obama or McCain hosting a joint event with their respective National Commitees.

Yeah, campaign finance reform? It needs to be reformed.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Well, on the money note- there has been some interesting developments about who can give and how much.

I believe, and I can be wrong about this, under McCain-Fiengold you can only give X amount to a candidate in primary and general election. Where X is equal to 2600 or so $'s.

But there is no limit on how much you can give to say, the DNC or RNC. And that applies to joint events as well. Like, say Obama or McCain hosting a joint event with their respective National Commitees.

Yeah, campaign finance reform? It needs to be reformed.

So in other words, McCain-Feingold didn't reform anything.