PDA

View Full Version : Guys: Never be afraid to flirt!

JoNightshade
10-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I can't say anything without having it picked apart line by line. Nevermind.

Seaclusion
10-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Guys, there is never a time when something like this is inappropriate. Every woman loves a little special attention. :)

What if you were in the locker room at the gym?

Richard

JoNightshade
10-29-2008, 10:38 PM
What if you were in the locker room at the gym?

Richard

Uh, if the lockerrooms were unisex I wouldn't be there.

And I said IN A NICE WAY.

Kitrianna
10-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Richard can't be nice. They removed that switch. He can only be lecherous...:D

Seaclusion
10-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Richard can't be nice. They removed that switch. He can only be lecherous...:D

Flirtatious

Richard

Kitrianna
10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
One man's flirtatious is another woman's lecherous...

Darzian
10-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I'd call that being a little extra friendly rather than actually flirting. But that's just me.

Kitrianna
10-29-2008, 10:48 PM
I personally love the crest fallen look guys around here get when I tell them I'm married or they see Kthrok walk up behind me and kiss me. I know, I'm mean, but it's nice to know that being married hasn't detracted from my desirability with the male half of the population. So I'm with Jo on this one :)

Vincent
10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Glad it worked out for ya. Tonight at a party I was a called a sociopath.

Then, later on, someone made the comment that I looked like the kind of guy who would be handy in a fight. So I'm an intimidating sociopath.

Do you want an intimidating sociopath flirting with you?

JoNightshade
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Glad it worked out for ya. Tonight at a party I was a called a sociopath.

Then, later on, someone made the comment that I looked like the kind of guy who would be handy in a fight. So I'm an intimidating sociopath.

Absatively! :)

Seaclusion
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM

I guess it depends if they're intimidated or a sociopath themselves.

Richard

NeuroFizz
10-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sometimes we make comments just to be nice, as in compliments, but without any desire to get any closer than voice range. If every compliment we give a woman is being taken as a wish on our part to have more happen, or as a statement of lust, think again. And some of you need to check your egos at the door, please. Christ. We men get reamed for being rude jerks if we are non-communicative, and we also get reamed for being frothing-mouthed leches if we are friendly. I don't think the biggest part of this problem lies with men. Get over yourselves, ladies. Take a compliment as just that--either ignore it or just give a smile. We are not lusting to get in the pants of every lady who comes our way. In fact, the majority of us are just as selective as y'all are.

TrainofThought
10-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sometimes we make comments just to be nice, as in compliments, but without any desire to get any closer than voice range. If every compliment we give a woman is being taken as a wish on our part to have more happen, or as a statement of lust, think again. And some of you need to check your egos at the door, please. Christ. We men get reamed for being rude jerks if we are non-communicative, and we also get reamed for being a frothing mouthed leches if we are friendly. I don't think the biggest part of this problem lies with men. Get over yourselves, ladies. Take a compliment as just that--either ignore it or just give a smile. We are not lusting to get in the pants of every lady who comes our way. In fact, the majority of us are just selective as y'all are.:Clap: Nicely stated.

JoNightshade
10-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Uhm, okay, so maybe I should not have used the word flirt? I didn't think the guy was trying to get into my pants or anything.

To me, flirt = extra attention. It doesn't necessarily mean anyone wants to go anywhere.

Wanting to GO somewhere I'd call a come-on.

Seaclusion
10-29-2008, 11:15 PM
We are not lusting to get in the pants of every lady who comes our way.

:Ssh:

OneTeam OneDream
10-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I always flirt when my wife is around....I keep forgetting that part. Gets me every time.

StoryG27
10-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Of course! They're the bestest flirters ever.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sometimes we make comments just to be nice, as in compliments, but without any desire to get any closer than voice range. If every compliment we give a woman is being taken as a wish on our part to have more happen, or as a statement of lust, think again. And some of you need to check your egos at the door, please. Christ. We men get reamed for being rude jerks if we are non-communicative, and we also get reamed for being a frothing mouthed leches if we are friendly. I don't think the biggest part of this problem lies with men. Get over yourselves, ladies. Take a compliment as just that--either ignore it or just give a smile. We are not lusting to get in the pants of every lady who comes our way. In fact, the majority of us are just selective as y'all are.
Fizzy, are you trying to flirt with me?

I think most of us ego-toting women know that friendly flirting or playing doesn't imply that this certain stud is lusting after us. And a simple compliment, eh, that's usually because they are just trying to be polite, not even friendly.

BenPanced
10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
:box: <--me, flirting with somebody

Bravo
10-29-2008, 11:42 PM
er...

what happened to the OP?

StoryG27
10-30-2008, 12:15 AM
er...

what happened to the OP?
Ben was trying to flirt with it and. . . well, we just need to teach him some subtlety before he flirts any more threads into the hospital.

BenPanced
10-30-2008, 12:31 AM
"Subtlety" is my middle name.

Seaclusion
10-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Ben, I think you literally killed this thread, by a knockout.

Richard

NeuroFizz
10-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Ben, I think you literally killed this thread, by a knockout.

Richard
...and it was a rabbit punch (reference to Ben's avatar caption)

StoryG27
10-30-2008, 12:49 AM
...and it was a rabbit punch (reference to Ben's avatar caption)
STOP FLIRTING WITH ME!!!

It's shameless, I tell ya.

Whadda mean, you're not flirting with me?

Whadda mean, you weren't even talking to me?

Oops.

maestrowork
10-30-2008, 12:52 AM
What is this "flirting" thing?

Mela
10-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Well this brings up a good point: exactly what is flirting?

A compliment is not flirting in my book - I've complimented guys at work on their ties or shirt colors and would never, ever want anything more from them.

That said, a guy complimenting a woman on what's she's wearing or a new hairstyle? -- weelll, I tell ya, since guys never notice anything I would view that as a little bit more than an off-the-cuff compliment - if someone's actually noticing what I'm wearing, then he's definitely noticed more. But it's still not flirting.

Flirting is playful kidding around, eye contact, body language type stuff - there's a whole lot of junk wrapped up in flirting, whereas a compliment is most times just a nice politeness.

Seaclusion
10-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Yet sometimes a prelude to flirtiness.

Richard

StoryG27
10-30-2008, 12:57 AM
What is this "flirting" thing?
. . .asks the master.

Bravo
10-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Every time a man's being nice to you [women], he's offering you ----.
-chris rock

Shadow_Ferret
10-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Wait. What's this flirting you're talking about?

There's none of that going on here is there?

ETA: Darn, Ray beat me to it.

*wanders off to find another thread to not read then reply to*

maestrowork
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
. . .asks the master.

You smell nice, by the way.

TrainofThought
10-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Wait. What's this flirting you're talking about?

There's none of that going on here is there?Pfft... Can you be more obvious?

maestrowork
10-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Pfft... Can you be more obvious?

TrainofThought
10-30-2008, 01:03 AM
You smell nice, by the way.I bet you get lucky with that line every time. ;)

maestrowork
ETA: Darn, Ray beat me to it.

You smell like a ferret, by the way.

Shadow_Ferret
Pfft... Can you be more obvious?
I suppose I could, but that would ruin some of the charm, wouldn't it?

NeuroFizz
That said, a guy complimenting a woman on what's she's wearing or a new hairstyle? -- weelll, I tell ya, since guys never notice anything I would view that as a little bit more than an off-the-cuff compliment - if someone's actually noticing what I'm wearing, then he's definitely noticed more.

[my bolding]

Oh, Boy. Here we go again. Uhhh, hell no. But, I guess to you, we represent the cadre of drooling idiots who can't possibly give a compliment on a new hairstyle or on a woman's clothing without really thinking about the woman's breasts or her crotch, or whether she'd be willing to do a three-way. You know, we all carry condoms in our wallets, and we go to the tanning booth and just put our left hands in there, minus our wedding rings, so we don't have those telltale white bands. Oh yeah. And we really do carve notches on our belts for our monthly meetings of the Brotherhood Sex-Studs.

Shadow_Ferret
10-30-2008, 01:05 AM
I guess to you, we represent the cadre of drooling idiots who can't possibly give a compliment on a new hairstyle or on a woman's clothing without really thinking about the woman's breasts or her crotch, or whether she'd be willing to do a three-way.
I know I can't.

NeuroFizz
10-30-2008, 01:07 AM
But, you don't have any notches on your belt, Ed.

TrainofThought
10-30-2008, 01:07 AM
I suppose I could, but that would ruin some of the charm, wouldn't it?Is that what it's called these days?

MarkEsq
10-30-2008, 01:18 AM
But, I guess to you, we represent the cadre of drooling idiots who can't possibly give a compliment on a new hairstyle or on a woman's clothing without really thinking about the woman's breasts or her crotch, or whether she'd be willing to do a three-way.

Do you mean a three-way with two chicks? 'Cos that's awesome, dude.

Jcomp
10-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Do you mean a three-way with two chicks? 'Cos that's awesome, dude.

That's the only real kind.

The other combination is officially called a "Why in the name of all that's sacred...??"

Oh, Boy. Here we go again. Uhhh, hell no. But, I guess to you, we represent the cadre of drooling idiots who can't possibly give a compliment on a new hairstyle or on a woman's clothing without really thinking about the woman's breasts or her crotch, or whether she'd be willing to do a three-way. You know, we all carry condoms in our wallets, and we go to the tanning booth and just put our left hands in there, minus our wedding rings, so we don't have those telltale white bands. Oh yeah. And we really do carve notches on our belts for our monthly meetings of the Brotherhood Sex-Studs.

Dude... disclosing the name of the secret monthly meeting? Hand over your bro-badge...

Serenity
10-30-2008, 01:36 AM
Flirting is fun. Flirting should be fun. It should make you smile, laugh, blush, and give you that feeling in the pit of your stomach like you're going over the hill of a roller coaster.

sassandgroove
10-30-2008, 01:37 AM
:popcorn:

I also wanna know what Jo deleted.

I miss everything...

maestrowork
10-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Flirting is fun. Flirting should be fun. It should make you smile, laugh, blush, and give you that feeling in the pit of your stomach like you're going over the hill of a roller coaster.

For some it's more like jumping off a cliff with a broken bungee cord.

Oh, and you smell nice, by the way.

maestrowork
10-30-2008, 01:42 AM
I miss everything...

Jcomp
10-30-2008, 01:43 AM

Your hair smells incredible. What kind of shampoo is that?

sassandgroove
10-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks Ray.

Old Hack
10-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Sass ALWAYS smells nice. And Ray always notices. It's a thing he's got going on that Sass is trying to ignore.

Mr Flibble
10-30-2008, 02:03 AM
That's the only real kind.

The other combination is officially called a "Why in the name of all that's sacred...??"

I think you got that the wrong way round there bud :)

Flirting is just the oil that smooths the wheels of life. I flirt with anybody. Well anybody male who's over 18 and still breathing. Not always very much ( ie a little with my customers. Hey, they're builders. They buy more if you flirt ;)) I flirt with my mates, and we all know damn well it'd never go any further.

Flirting is fun. As long as that's all it is ( well unless I was single of course, but apparently I give off this 'you are sooo married' vibe)

maestrowork
10-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Your hair smells incredible. What kind of shampoo is that?

Gillette's Doe Pee #9.

astonwest
10-30-2008, 02:16 AM
I always flirt when my wife is around....Women are always flirting with me when my wife is around, and then I get in trouble for it...

It's the burden I must bear... :)

Silver King
10-30-2008, 03:04 AM
I have no way of knowing for sure, since the original post has been deleted, but it appears that Jo's comments may have been misunderstood or taken out of context. It's probably best if we close this one now and move along to other discussions.