AW Syndrome

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting here, typing away at the WIP. Every 50 words or so, I keep booting up Google Chrome and coming onto AW. I can't help it! What can I do to stop this???
I've considered telling my sister to hide the modem, but she might forget where she hides it and then I'm screwed.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
You can always ask for a temporary ban: anywhere from one day to as long as you like. Plenty of members take advantage of that option.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Darzian, I thought you knew, not even light escapes from a black hole.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
You can always ask for a temporary ban: anywhere from one day to as long as you like. Plenty of members take advantage of that option.

I'd regret it the second afterwards. This is most definitely the LAST answer I expected! Thanks for the laugh, rolling thunder. I can hear you outside today. Monsoon lol.

SEE? I'm still on this! Stupid brain

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I'd regret it the second afterwards. This is most definitely the LAST answer I expected! Thanks for the laugh, rolling thunder. I can hear you outside today. Monsoon lol.

SEE? I'm still on this! Stupid brain

Well, you always have the option of emailing a SuperMod or Mac to regain access. Let's say you choose...four days off. You still have access to PM's and emailing so if you discover on day three you've finished your WIP you just let someone know you'd like to get back early.

Easy peasy. It really does help some members get work done. :)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're just itching to use your bannination hammer, aren't you, RT? :D

Seriously, though, Darzian, it's been done for me, and I did find it pretty helpful. It's very easy to email or PM the SuperMod who does this for you to let them know when you're ready to come back.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
The very idea of a temp ban is scaring me away. Okay, I'm going to promised myself to stay off for 3 hrs. Tata everyone! Let's get those words rolling.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Heh. I don't even shut down Firefox. I just leave the window open with a tab for Google (with my Google Reader), a tab for my email, and a tab for AW.

I know me well enough. At least if I leave it up, I don't spend extra time pulling up the page. I usually try to push myself to write for a while-- lately I've been trying to do 250 words before I stop to surf.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
When working on one of my novels, I had to take a complete month off AW, but finally got the first draft written in that time. I'd occassionally stop in just to read posts, but never replied, no matter how badly I wanted to.

Some time after the first of the year, I might have to repeat that technique to finish the latest I've been working on.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
When working on one of my novels, I had to take a complete month off AW, but finally got the first draft written in that time. I'd occassionally stop in just to read posts, but never replied, no matter how badly I wanted to.

Some time after the first of the year, I might have to repeat that technique to finish the latest I've been working on.

How-did-you-stay-away-for-one-MONTH???

Oh, Rolling Thunder, you see over eager so let me state explicitly:

I DO NOT WANT A BAN.

There, now take those naughty fingers away from 'ban'

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
RT, I think Darzian just yelled at me...I think a ban is in order. :)

Truthfully, I just had to convince myself that I really, really needed to get that novel completed...it's all a matter of prioritization.

But like I said, I still stopped in and read the occasional post from time to time...

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Or you can be special like me and get banned many times without even having to ask. :D They love me.