Help!

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I need to have a 3-4 minute poem to read for speech, and I can't find any! I don't know many poems, and the ones I do like are nearly epic (example- "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay- which reads about to almost 10 minutes). I can't find a decent poem that reads out to the right time. Can anybody help me?

Note to mods- I know there's a more appropriate place for this thread, but for the sake of a quick answer, is it possible to just leave it here for a bit? Then, it can be moved wherever it's most appropriate or deleted. Thanks :)

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Tsuk,
go to Amazon.com and bring up New Kid On The Block...these are very funny, short poems, and they have where you can read various pages before buying...I'm sure you can 'lift' a few ideas without having to purchase....

Here, kiddo, I think this will link right to the page and save you some time...and from landing into that...er...musical group...wouldn't want you to begin gagging...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_...ield-keywords=the+new+kid+on+the+block+poetry

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Take a look at Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge--it should be pretty close.

http://www.online-literature.com/coleridge/640/
Thank you! It's very close- I timed it at 2 minutes and 23 seconds. If I read it a little slower, or maybe do a quick analysis before I started reading, it will definitely time out perfectly. This may just be the one I'm looking for, but I'm still open to suggestions if anyone wants to offer them up.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
The Owl Critic?

Something by Robert Service such as 'Shooting of Dan McGrew' or 'Cremation of Sam McGee'?
I like The Owl Critic- there's a lot of room for vocal expressiveness, and that along may be enough to land me a good grade on this. It's definitely going on my list :D Thanks!

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website