Where to find people to interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys know of any great resources to go and find people to interview? I am looking for cat owners who have had to acclimate their pet to a new environment. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried the Writing about Animals board, way down the list of forums here? Vet hospitals and animal shelters anywhere should be able to put you onto people in that situation, including some of their employees.

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Go to the "StoryResearch-Experts & Interviewees wanted" forum on this website and post your request.

Another place is the Interview Requests on Writers Weekly. That is a great site although I'm having trouble accessing their forums right now and have been for a while. Not sure if it is just my computer or if others are having the same problem. Worth a try anyway.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
There's also a thread around here somewhere that mentions www.profnet.com and some others like it where you can post requests for experts. Try searching on "experts" in a forum search, or PM a moderator. Good luck!

Chacounne

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kohuether,

kohuether said:
Do you guys know of any great resources to go and find people to interview? I am looking for cat owners who have had to acclimate their pet to a new environment. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

When you say new environment, do you mean a new house environment or a new climate? I have had cats all my life (more than twenty over the years) and would be pleased to offer my comments about moving a cat to new house, but I haven't moved a cat to a new climate.

Hope this helps,
Chacounne

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
This is a great question, kouether, and I'm in the same boat. I'm looking people in the Portland-Oregon area who scrapbook photos of their pets (no snickering, please). Not exactly people who'd repond via profnet! I've posted on two scrapbook boards, but so far have had no luck.

Let me know what works for you! And thanks, too, to Fern. I'm going to give Writers Weekly a try.

thistle

Hipster Doofus
Registered
Reaction score
One of my favorites is the Yearbook of Experts. www.Yearbook.com

It has some pet trainers in it and even someone who will talk about pet afterlife!

My trick to find local people is to ask a local doctor. For example, call your own vet. Interview her and ask if she can pass your name on to a patient or two who has had this trouble. The same goes with experts you call. Ask them to recommend or pass your name on to people who can help you.

I've had good success with this little trick. The problem is that it takes a couple of days for your new subject to get back to you.

BTW, one of my cats had a hard time adjusting to our new house. She hid under the basement stairs for days.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.