Superstitions that you believe in!

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Go ahead! Tell us what superstitions you believe in in the Second Millennium. :D

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
None. I scoff at superstitions. Totally.

Although I do think that the amount of sportswear I have on influences my team's performance. That's why when the Green Bay Packers play, I make sure I have on my green and gold socks, and underwear, and shirt, and hat, and my Packer "G" earring, my Packer ring, my Packer necklace. I used to wear Packer Zubas, but those are so 1980. Ya know? Besides, I don't want to look silly, right?

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Although I do think that the amount of sportswear I have on influences my team's performance. That's why when the Green Bay Packers play, I make sure I have on my green and gold socks, and underwear, and shirt, and hat, and my Packer "G" earring, my Packer ring, my Packer necklace. I used to wear Packer Zubas, but those are so 1980. Ya know? Besides, I don't want to look silly, right?

And you say you don't believe in superstitions?
:roll:

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
I do not hold sway to the salt over the shoulder, black cats and knock wood stuff.

BUT, I DO believe:

What goes around comes around. Karma - is a bitch when you piss her off.

Christine

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
It's the power of positive thinking. :)

Right or to show support - which is great.

It would only be a superstition if you thought that was the only way the Pack could win......I mean if you missed one item on a day and you believed they lost a game for it....well...

Christine

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I don't tell my parents anything until the deed is done (like getting a book contract, or going to an audition). Every time I told them, it's jinxed.

I also say a very short prayer before every flight.

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Right or to show support - which is great.

It would only be a superstition if you thought that was the only way the Pack could win......I mean if you missed one item on a day and you believed they lost a game for it....well...

Christine
Yeah, that would be crazy thinking. Although they do seem to lose if I'm not in full regalia, but I think that's just a coincidence. *rubs his Packer money clip for luck*

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be crazy thinking. Although they do seem to lose if I'm not in full regalia, but I think that's just a coincidence. *rubs his Packer money clip for luck*

See - no supersition on you for that. You are just a fan, supporter and the like.

You like the games - huh? Let me know if you need tickets. But, only if you come full on in ALL the regalia you say you sport in your livingroom will I get you some.

Christine

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't tell my parents anything until the deed is done (like getting a book contract, or going to an audition). Every time I told them, it's jinxed.

Same here. I had a book under review, told my family, never heard from the publisher.

I also knock on wood.

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score

I also say a very short prayer before every flight.

Okay - you know what? I think I do this. The jinx thing too. Sorta.

While I do not say a prayer before flights, I DO write out a letter with my intents/wishes, what I want to happen, where stuff is, etc. I put it in a sealed envie on my dresser. I tell my mom it is there and she should get it if something happens to me. But, that I expect it to still be there and sealed when I get home - that she cannot touch it until after the due date I should be home. I figger if I plan for the worst - it will not happen. Maybe that is supersition - huh?

Christine

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
I've had such a string of bad luck lately with so many things that I'm not sure what to believe in at this point. But I am a fairly superstitious person by nature. I won't walk under a ladder and I used to pick up heads-up pennies all the time. Although that superstition ended recently (long story...).

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...meaning to say that you take a bath at all other times.
Riddle solved, hehe :-D

I am one person who never gets a riddle

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
me too, for the most part.
I get kid riddles, like knock knock jokes,
but rarely adult ones, which usually fly right over my head.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
...meaning to say that you take a bath at all other times.
Riddle solved, hehe :-D

No, I said "I only shower on that day" -- I don't take baths on that day at all. I didn't say "I shower only on that day."

;)

I'm such a shrewd writer....

Tee hee.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
...as I was saying, most riddles fly straight over my head, but are funny when explained :-D

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
No, I said "I only shower on that day" -- I don't take baths on that day at all. I didn't say "I shower only on that day."

;)

I'm such a shrewd writer....

Tee hee.

BUT, you are speaking (writing) to equally intelligent minds.

We know you do not stay stinky for 3 years in a row, then go hog wild with 1 bath and go stinky again. If that were true, all the photos you post are of someone else. For you are clean and neat in all of those. Who are you posting photos of - I mean if you really are a stinky boy? Now that is the riddle....

Christine

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
When I think that something's definitely going to happen (100%) it never does.
:Shrug:

If I say I'll pass a test, something happens to make me fail. The converse was also true once.

Nowadays, I automatically doubt my expectations because I can't take the failures and problems from 100% positive thinking any more. :cry:

I don't believe in traditional folklore superstitions.

But I DO believe in the hypothesis of the existence of a yet undiscovered 'energy' that is linked to the mind and soul, and is used as the basis of chinese traditional medicine. Hence my belief in the 'thinking affects outcome.'

Sometimes I feel that when I'm so confident that something's gonna happen, some supernatural being says: "You know what? I'll prove you wrong for being so overconfident" and sends the opposite my way. Is that weird or what?

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
When I think that something's definitely going to happen (100%) it never does.
:Shrug:

If I say I'll pass a test, something happens to make me fail. The converse was also true once.

Nowadays, I automatically doubt my expectations because I can't take the failures and problems from 100% positive thinking any more. :cry:

I don't believe in traditional folklore superstitions.

But I DO believe in the hypothesis of the existence of a yet undiscovered 'energy' that is linked to the mind and soul, and is used as the basis of chinese traditional medicine. Hence my belief in the 'thinking affects outcome.'

Sometimes I feel that when I'm so confident that something's gonna happen, some supernatural being says: "You know what? I'll prove you wrong for being so overconfident" and sends the opposite my way. Is that weird or what?

It is not weird you wonder. I would too, if I were you. Perhaps it is not that your "supernatural being" is trying to smack you to prove you wrong. Or karma or whatever people attribute that stuff to. And since you believe the vein of the medicine and process you mention, I will say the following to you:

Perhaps it is that you do not listen or "hear" your own intuition properly and your optimism overtakes that and provides "false" confidence or false ideology that makes you believe something that is not true? I am not saying such is occuring, but asking you if that may be possible.

I am somewhat the same in wondering about this stuff. Although, I have a bit of, ummmmm, "intuition". When I think something it typically IS or occurs as I, ummmmmmmmm, "sense" or "saw/see/feel/think" it. But, that is for I tap my intuition. I do not iggy what niggles me in the back - I pull it out and view it and apply what I need to inorder to serve positive outcome for myself. But, it helps that I am a bit, ummmmm "intuitive" and can use my will to do what I need to do with that intuition.

Perhaps you could clear all else when you are thinking optimistic and really listen to the "niggles" if you have them. Hear what they tell you about the given situation. In the doing, you may find you are NOT 100% positive as your optimism allows you to think. And you can rectify the situation without a negative outcome.

If you ever wish to facilitate discussion on such, PM me.

Christine

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
As for me, I never walk under ladders. Superstition, or common sense? You decide.

And I never wear my team's colours when I go to a game. They'll lose.

Of course, it doesn't seem to matter what I wear--if I'm watching a lacrosse game, chances are the team will win. Otherwise, chances are they'll lose. That's Toronto sports for you.