Just a guick update.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We are now in a hotel room. Things went south real quick. We did our best to not be a burden. I cooked, cleaned, watched all kids not just my own, ran all kids to and fro school, did dishes, laundry, my husband did the maintenance around the house that's been sitting for years and still it wasn't enough. My mil started erasing our messages for some unknown reason and when she took a messege by hand, she just wrote down the phone number. We kept our things in the garage and basically lived out of there. You couldn't tell she had house guests at all. We even stayed out till after sunset most of the weekends so that they could have family time. It seemed not matter what we were getting dirty looks, complaints out the yang (we were nit picked to death about trivial things constantly) and our children were always coming to us about their grandma and aunt being mean to them for some reason or another. Their oldest child was seething with gealousy with my girls and always caused strife in every situation. We tried everything in our power to not let it go south but these people popped pain pills (sil) and drank heavily (bil & sil) and when they would come down we were there and the ones to pick on. Before we came the three adults in the house were at eachothers throats, badly. Now that we came they couldn't show us how sick they were to eachother but they now had to pick on us no matter how small it was. They claim that we are the cause of all that went wrong. We decided to get a room to see if things cooled. She took offense to that gesture. My mil doesn't like me and never has and is probably the one behind turning others in the house against me.

She (sil) kept our clothing, food, and other belongings from us for days. We finally had to show up with the police three different times to finally get our things. We are in a hotel room. It's cramped but peaceful. My husband started his new job today! I am unable to work mine because of a slip and fall at Walmart.

I have to run, be back in a while.

Sorry, no spell check on this pc...

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
We are now in a hotel room. Things went south real quick. We did our best to not be a burden. I cooked, cleaned, watched all kids not just my own, ran all kids to and fro school, did dishes, laundry, my husband did the maintenance around the house that's been sitting for years and still it wasn't enough. My mil started erasing our messages for some unknown reason and when she took a messege by hand, she just wrote down the phone number. We kept our things in the garage and basically lived out of there. You couldn't tell she had house guests at all. We even stayed out till after sunset most of the weekends so that they could have family time. It seemed not matter what we were getting dirty looks, complaints out the yang (we were nit picked to death about trivial things constantly) and our children were always coming to us about their grandma and aunt being mean to them for some reason or another. Their oldest child was seething with gealousy with my girls and always caused strife in every situation. We tried everything in our power to not let it go south but these people popped pain pills (sil) and drank heavily (bil & sil) and when they would come down we were there and the ones to pick on. Before we came the three adults in the house were at eachothers throats, badly. Now that we came they couldn't show us how sick they were to eachother but they now had to pick on us no matter how small it was. They claim that we are the cause of all that went wrong. We decided to get a room to see if things cooled. She took offense to that gesture. My mil doesn't like me and never has and is probably the one behind turning others in the house against me.

She (sil) kept our clothing, food, and other belongings from us for days. We finally had to show up with the police three different times to finally get our things. We are in a hotel room. It's cramped but peaceful. My husband started his new job today! I am unable to work mine because of a slip and fall at Walmart.

I have to run, be back in a while.

Sorry, no spell check on this pc...

It's good to hear from you, Terri. I'm sorry things went the way they did, but I'm glad you have some peace and quiet now. Best wishes to you and your family. :Hug2:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Damn it, Dork, you've had it tough enough for a while.

I'm praying for ya, because you have some good times heading your way. Keep your head up, you have lots of folks here who care for you and yours.

I feel like such an ass with my petty gripes. You have helped put some things into perspective for me. Thanks for the slap, I needed it.

I'm wishing your family the best, Werri. I can't help but feel you're all gonna be better off now. Karma is heading your way.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Man, Terri, you and yours are overdue for some good times. I've got a truckload of hugs to keep your family cozy until those times get here.

Maryn, wishing the fates were kinder

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Sure hope things work out for you and yours werri. You deserve happiness and prayers and good vibes sent your way. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
((((((((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Things will get better soon.
We're all here praying for you.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
I'd say its a blessing you're out of that place. I bet it makes you appreciate the peace of your own little family so much more. Good Luck with everything, it wil get better.
Don't know if it's your style, but you should have a look at the book Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay- talk about some dysfunctional in-laws.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope things work out for you. Nothing is worse is living in a bad situation and feeling trapped by it. Good luck to you and your family

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's little comfort right now but, as my grandmother used to say, this too shall pass.

I'll be thinking of you, and right now I'm wishing that you lived near me so I could do something real to help you. Take care, sweetie, and try to stay positive. Much love to you right now, as always.

xxx

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's good to hear from you, Terri. I'm sorry things went the way they did, but I'm glad you have some peace and quiet now. Best wishes to you and your family. :Hug2:

Thanks! We did find a place to live today in Murrietta Hot Springs near a church I've always wanted to belong to. Temecula is real nice and the rent is great. We're going into a two bedroom for a spell then trying to rent a nice house. My husband is going to make great money. He is now working for JPMorgan/Chase bank taking care of their forclosures. He was in the right place at the right time. We just have to beg and borrow until his paycheck in the middle of the month. My cousin is willing to help.

Having experienced many exciting times with in-laws in the past, I feel your pain.

Hope things get better for you soon!

OMGosh! Give'me a hug.

Damn it, Dork, you've had it tough enough for a while.

I'm praying for ya, because you have some good times heading your way. Keep your head up, you have lots of folks here who care for you and yours.

I feel like such an ass with my petty gripes. You have helped put some things into perspective for me. Thanks for the slap, I needed it.

I'm wishing your family the best, Werri. I can't help but feel you're all gonna be better off now. Karma is heading your way.

It's been heck since July! I almost had my husband commit me to the funny farm but figured I could get that here and decided to stay out. Our sanity came back when we got the hotel room only problem is we're spending our deposit money. I'm pretty sure it'll work out. My life always does.

It feels so much like home to be called Werri and dork. It feels like brain candy.

Man, Terri, you and yours are overdue for some good times. I've got a truckload of hugs to keep your family cozy until those times get here.

Maryn, wishing the fates were kinder

My whole life has been like this. No one believes me when I say so. When I was little and I would get breaks from the abuse, my soul, wanting to live in peace, rested in the quiet times and that's where I learned to get my rejuvinations. It's the same for me today. For now it's being safe with my family in a hotel room. I'm getting lots of reading done and getting the chance to make a few blankets for people. It's great therapy for me. I also croched some like a mad person.

Sending thoughts of abundance, you, and health your way.

You're the best!

Aw, sorry to hear things are so tough, Werri. :(

I wish it built boobs but I'll take the character. And besides it gives me more material for my book.

Sure hope things work out for you and yours werri. You deserve happiness and prayers and good vibes sent your way. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

You're reps are keeping me alive, girl! I so love you!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts Terri. I hope things turn around for you soon.

I'm sure we are headed for the end of the storm but it ain't over yet!

Hang in there, Terri.

Did you guys see that avatar. Why do I feel like Chinese right now? Yowza!

(((((((((((((huge hugs)))))))))))))))

Been there. Done that. Survived it.

You will too, sweetheart. hang in there.

I need to hear that. I keep telling my husband that there will come a day even in this year, given all goes well that this will be behind us. We're just not at the end of it yet. Just near.

((((((((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Things will get better soon.
We're all here praying for you.

I need prayers too! I believe in prayer! I put us on a prayer list and prayed to a few specific things and got a 100.00 gas card and we got a place to live today, given my cousin helps fill the gap on what we've had to spend so far.

I'd say its a blessing you're out of that place. I bet it makes you appreciate the peace of your own little family so much more. Good Luck with everything, it wil get better.
Don't know if it's your style, but you should have a look at the book Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay- talk about some dysfunctional in-laws.

The heaviness of being there lifted as soon as we left that house. They have cut all ties with us which is sad because someday they will need us. Perhaps they will say their are sorry. Perhaps not. If there is a reunion it will be on my terms this time. I will keep that book in mind. I have time to read now that my back is injured.

Hope things work out for you. Nothing is worse is living in a bad situation and feeling trapped by it. Good luck to you and your family

I hate being trapped. It's the very reason I asked my husband to take me to a mental hospital. It would have been more like a vacation for me. But the thought of leaving my kids with them frightened me.

I know it's little comfort right now but, as my grandmother used to say, this too shall pass.

I'll be thinking of you, and right now I'm wishing that you lived near me so I could do something real to help you. Take care, sweetie, and try to stay positive. Much love to you right now, as always.

xxx

Oh, I love hearing from you! I can't wait until I get my blankie out and snuggle with it. It'll pass is the only thing getting me through right now. I know things will be back to normal soon. Oh, I wish we could have tea or a beer together. Perhaps we will on the chat room here. But you'll have to stay up late. So maybe tea. My nights will be free so I'd like to do a chat room thing like Arrow Queen did.

Thank you, everyone for extending your love and thoughts. You're a wonderful community!

Hugs and kisses, Dorks!

Much love!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Did you guys see that avatar. Why do I feel like Chinese right now? Yowza!

You should have seen the one before this. Maybe Ray will re-post it just to make you feel better...

Terri, I'm so glad to hear you escaped the in-law situation, and have found a home. :Hug2:

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! We did find a place to live today in Murrietta Hot Springs near a church I've always wanted to belong to. Temecula is real nice and the rent is great. We're going into a two bedroom for a spell then trying to rent a nice house. My husband is going to make great money. He is now working for JPMorgan/Chase bank taking care of their forclosures. He was in the right place at the right time. We just have to beg and borrow until his paycheck in the middle of the month. My cousin is willing to help.

...Snipped...

Hugs and kisses, Dorks!

Much love!

Best wishes to your husband on the job. :) You can make it a few weeks before the paycheck comes in. :Hug2:

I've got you in my thoughts. All the best to you and your family. :)