My Book is on Amazon!

markchandler

Registered
Reaction score
Alrighty There People!

Well, it may not be massive news, but it is a major acheivement for me.

The Laughter File is now available to purchase from Amazon, Waterstones, WH Smiths and more. Woohoo!

Bit of background information:
The Laughter File is a compilation of jokes, riddles, puns, tongue twisters and lists that I started when I was a teen, collating them, rewriting them, and storing them in a lever arch file, which I dubbed "The Laughter File".

Jump ten years down the line, and The Laughter File has grown to a considerable size. I then decided to try and do something with it, which resulted in me re-sorting the file, categorising it, and writing all the jokes into one MS Word file. Which took quite some time...

After the formatting was completed, I then shopped around for how to get it 'out there', and I approached various agents, but the only one that got back to me seemed a bit bizaare, wanting me to pay him before anything happened... in the end, I decided to go down the POD (Print on Demand) route, and selected lulu.com as the provider.

Uploaded the book, bought a copy, made a few revisions, bought another copy, approved it, signed up for the distro package... and the rest, as they say, is history!!!

Meantime, I had put together a website for The Laughter File (www.thelaughterfile.eu), and sold a handful of copies on lulu.com.

It's only been on Amazon for a few weeks, and on the UK site it's still listed as "Temporarily out of stock", but I ordered a copy myself from there this week, so hopefully that will sort that.

So. If you're looking for a stocking filler............ :)

Mark.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Snowbird

Registered
Reaction score
Good news! You have my support ... I 'm going to Amazon right now to purchase your book.

Snowbird

Registered
Reaction score
I just went to Amazon to place my order, and it said "Currently Unavailable."