Rep Point Question

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Is there a way to see older rep points that have been kicked off the bottom of the list?

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
With apologies for hi-jacking your thread, Bartholomew, but I have a different question.

How do rep points jump up by two or three with only one apparent donor and/or message?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
With apologies for hi-jacking your thread, Bartholomew, but I have a different question.

How do rep points jump up by two or three with only one apparent donor and/or message?

I've noticied this, too. Not complaining at all about getting 3 points for 1 - just curious.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is there a way to see older rep points that have been kicked off the bottom of the list?

Well, there is one way. You won't see the comments in your User CP, but if you go "back in time" and scroll back to a thread where you posted certain comments, if someone repped you on that post and you click on the scale you can read their comments.

ETA: For example, say I wanted to read any comments from 2 years ago on my birthday. I go back to Office Party on my birth date, scroll through the thread. If I go to my posts and click the scale on the left, if there are any rep comments I can read them. It doesn't say who they're from, but I can still read them.

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Mod Reps are worth 2. ;)

Some folks who've been around forever-and-a-day and dispense valuable pearls of wisdom hand out 3 at a time.

And if you really wanna hit the jackpot, post something that makes Mac hit the rep point button. Hers are worth 10.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticied this, too. Not complaining at all about getting 3 points for 1 - just curious.

If a member has over 10,000 posts (like me), she or he gives out more than one point. And Supermods give out more than one as well. I think Mac gives out 10 at a time.

Oops, I didn't see OFG's response when I typed this.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some day I'm gonna get a rep point. I will. I just know it!

Maryn, squeezing her eyes shut and wishing real hard

riteideas

Can you give rep points more than once to the same person for the same post?

riteideas

Dang it! I can't even REP myself. Everyone needs a little self love!

I would like to be able to give more than one point. Some people put a lot of time into critiquing my work and have some excelent comments.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to be able to give more than one point. Some people put a lot of time into critiquing my work and have some excelent comments.
What I like to do when somebody's earned more than the one rep point I can give them for an extraordinary effort like a great critique is find other posts (start with their profile) and rep those, with the notation "Thanks again for the great critique!" or something like that. So far, nobody's complained.

Maryn, who owes Susie a bazillion rep points

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After reading through this, I'm guessing I'm the only one that doesn't pay attention to the number of rep points I have and just likes to read the comments.
Do you guys know something I don't know? Can we spend these things somewhere? Barter with them? ;)

Sure. Didn't you know about the toaster ovens, vacuum cleaners and refrigerators?

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't owe Susie a bazillion rep points, raise your hand. Yup, just like I thought--nobody!

Okay, I get the message. LIke others, I read and enjoy the comments rather than count points. It's just that I did wonder how I went from something in the 30s to something in the 40s with only one message. Actually, I still don't have the answer because mods don't tend to rep me.

BUT - and this is the point - Susie does deserve double-barrelled rep points for her support and concern of all members she comes across. But somehow I don't think counting points matters with Susie as much as communication with fellow humans she cares about.

I'm raising a glass to all people who care about others. With a special toast to the Susies of this world we all live in.

Long live AW.
drinking-38.gif

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish we could edit them though. But that's not possible either.

*checks rep points from Ferret*

It was me wasn't it? Don't worry, I won't tell.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
BUT - and this is the point - Susie does deserve double-barrelled rep points for her support and concern of all members she comes across. But somehow I don't think counting points matters with Susie as much as communication with fellow humans she cares about.

I'm raising a glass to all people who care about others. With a special toast to the Susies of this world we all live in.

That was really nice- and true. Double-rep points for Susie!