Any Chicago and Central Illinois Freelancers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been on AW for a long time but never checked in here, so apologies if the Chi-town/Illinois thing has been done recently but...

Am curious to know if any AWers here are located in/near Chicago, Springfield, Bloomington/Normal, etc...it might be fun to put something together for meet-and-greet at one of the local coffee shops or a friendly pub someplace...

Say hello, let's get acquainted!

Joe

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Hey Joe,

I live on the southside of Chicago and work downtown. I think it would be great to meet up with people from here, maybe even start a little club if we're all not too far from each other or downtown.

Let me know.

ToT

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back in the city, living in River North. I'm not a freelancer though; I write kids books. Someone else started a meet and greet thread a few months back. Here it is: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107729&highlight=chicago

I'd stumble out for an AW afternoon.

Oh, and if any of you more savvy Chicagoans has an idea for popular sites I could visit, I'm doing a Chicago Tourist Trail series on my blog. (I think I know about all the major ones, but some offbeat/obscure spots would be fun too)

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I'm back in the city, living in River North. I'm not a freelancer though; I write kids books. Someone else started a meet and greet thread a few months back. Here it is: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107729&highlight=chicago

I'd stumble out for an AW afternoon.

Oh, and if any of you more savvy Chicagoans has an idea for popular sites I could visit, I'm doing a Chicago Tourist Trail series on my blog. (I think I know about all the major ones, but some offbeat/obscure spots would be fun too)
I'm not a freelancer either although I'm looking at a few magazines to possibly submit short stories to.

Thanks for the other link I missed that one.

RLB, I'll see if I can think of some places for your blog. Like I told you, I recently found your blog, so I'm going to start reading those posts and enjoy the pictures. I think I'll add it to my blog if you don't mind.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Used to be from the southwestern suburbs of Chicago and I still maintain close ties there. I don't miss the cold and snow tho'. I'm in FL most of the time now so my sympathy goes out to y'all at this time of year.

ChimeraCreative

Been there, Done that.
Registered
Reaction score
StoneTable lives in Aurora, Illinois. I'm here quite a bit myself. ^_^ We're aspiring writers and always looking for an excuse to head into Chicago. ^_^

-An

Status
Not open for further replies.