PDA

View Full Version : [Agency] Weed Literary, LLC (Elisabeth Weed)

Mrs. Strange
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I looked all over and couldn't find a thread on this agency. Elisabeth Weed used to work for Trident and started her own agency in 2007.

I e-queried on 9/04 and got an R today.

ThatMovieAnnouncerGuy
10-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I e-queried on 10/08. Sounds like I have a while to wait.

Deb Kinnard
10-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Commiserations on the R, Mrs. They never feel good. Onward & upward!

:Hug2:

CaoPaux
10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Adding link: http://www.weedliterary.com/index.html

Carmy
10-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the link, CaoPaux. I notice you add them often, and it's a great help.

I checked her out but she doesn't represent what I write.

nicolesingslave
08-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Weed Literary does not handle the following:
Picture books, mysteries, thrillers, romance, military

HappyCamper
08-13-2009, 03:58 AM
I queried Ms. Weed 8/11 and got a request for a partial 8/12. Keeeping fingers crossed!

Molly Golightly
08-13-2009, 08:05 PM
I queried Ms. Weed 8/11 and got a request for a partial 8/12. Keeeping fingers crossed!

Wonderful HappyCamper!! Good luck! I just got signed by her and so far I think she's wonderful! We're looking to go into submission in Sept.

HappyCamper
08-14-2009, 09:37 AM
That's great Molly Golightly! Congratulations! Hope to post a happy ending to my query tales some time in this century. (-:

sissybaby
08-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Congrats to both of you! I queried her on 8-9 and haven't heard anything back. Probably the usual R, but I had to try.

HappyCamper
08-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks! Think positive sissybaby. It hasn't been that long since you queried. Give it time. (-:

WendyNYC
08-16-2009, 01:12 AM
I just ran across this interview with her: http://www.guidetoliteraryagents.com/blog/Agent+Advice+Elisabeth+Weed+Of+Weed+Literary.aspx

I'm not looking for an agent anymore, but I think she sounds pretty awesome.

HappyCamper
08-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks for posting the interview WendyNYC. Now I'm REALLY keeping my fingers (and whatever other appendages I can spare) crossed!

Suzan
10-22-2009, 01:47 AM
I got a speedy request off an e-mail query. I'd walk over a patch of hot coals if I thought it would get me this literary agent! She's got one impressive list of recent sales in PublishersMarketplace.

AuntB
02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Anyone know if Elisabeth has any interest in YA? I haven't seen her mention it anywhere, but she does have at least one YA author on her list....

http://www.amazon.com/Sisters-Misery-Megan-Kelley-Hall/dp/0758226799

Roly
02-17-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm also wondering whether she reps YA. I guess if no one answers, we might as well just query and see what happens.

kaitie
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Anyone else getting bounce backs on emails?

xolotl
02-21-2010, 09:00 PM
QUOTE: Anyone else getting bounce backs on emails?

YEAH - TRIED 3 DAYS AGO AND AGAIN TODAY. QUICK BOUNCE-BACKS AS UNDELIVERABLE.

kaitie
02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Maybe she's got a full inbox or something. I'll try it again in a few days, and if that doesn't work I'll snail mail it.

dgaughran
02-26-2010, 02:16 PM
FYI:

Stephanie Sun, who handles submissions for Weed Literary, is on vacation. Emails to her address prompt the following auto-responder:

I will be away on vacation from Monday, February 22 to Monday, March
1. I will be checking e-mails periodically. Thank you and I hope you
have a great week.

Probably best to wait until after March 1 to query this agency.

tanglewoodtracey
05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Just wanted to post this contest info. Allison Winn Scotch, one of my favorite authors, is hosting a contest on her blog along with her agent Elizabeth Weed.

http://www.allisonwinn.com/ask-allison/2010/5/11/sharpen-your-pencils-another-big-contest-is-coming.html

To be eligible, you need to show proof that you've bought her latest book, The One That I Want within the first four days that it's on sale and then Elizabeth will read your query and 1st chapter. Official rules have not been posted yet (they'll be up soon) and I'm not sure if the contest will only apply to finished manuscripts (mine is still a WIP so I'll be bummed if that disqualifies me) but I wanted to let everyone know, especially if they have a completed manuscript.

Also, Allison's blog is one of my favorites. Lots of good advice for writers. Check it out.

Tracey

Leonidas
05-22-2010, 02:56 AM
I tried to query the Elisabeth Weed agency a little while ago and experienced the same bounce-back problem that Katie did in February. The feedback data said "no such e-mail exists", so I'm a bit worried that the agency may have closed. Has anybody heard anything to that effect?

Giant Baby
05-22-2010, 04:46 AM
I tried to query the Elisabeth Weed agency a little while ago and experienced the same bounce-back problem that Katie did in February. The feedback data said "no such e-mail exists", so I'm a bit worried that the agency may have closed. Has anybody heard anything to that effect?

That would surprise me- to the extent that I'm comfortable saying she hasn't closed with a fair degree of certainty. I just met Elisabeth Weed a few weeks ago and she seemed very much business as usual. Also, if you look at the post above yours, she's currently receiving queries through a contest on Allison Winn Scotch's blog.

I suspect you've experienced Interweb gremlins. Maybe incompatible browser issues? Also, have you tried from a different email?

connecto
05-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Leonidas,
Not sure when you queried her, but I know for a fact she is still in business as I was just having a dialogue with her earlier in the week. I know her email was down at one point this week so if you queried her then that would explain it.

I ended up signing with a different agency (Elisabeth didn't have time to read my manuscript in the time frame I needed and I ended up getting a few other offers I was really happy with) but she is definitely a dream agent from everything I've heard. She was recommended to me by 2 different editors and another agent so she is obviously well respected. And very nice. Definitely re-query!

Leonidas
05-22-2010, 07:29 AM
OK Connecto, I will. And thanks to you and to Giant Baby.

Crzywritergrl
05-22-2010, 08:55 AM
On query tracker they have an updated e-mail that will not bounce back.

Here it is: stephanie@weedliterary.com

SCR
08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I saw a few questions in this thread about whether or not Weed Literary accepts/represents YA. They do. They have my full MS right now. The only things they don't rep are picture books, romance, mysteries, thrillers, and military novels.

Lydia Sharp
09-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Sent e-query to Stephanie Sun on 9/8. Received request for partial on 9/16. :)

Lydia Sharp
12-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Update:

Partial upgraded to a full on 11/30. :D

honeysock
12-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Update:

Partial upgraded to a full on 11/30. :D

Go you! (I love/hate that "Oooo, they like my face, but will they like my toes?" suspense, don't you?)

Empress Awesome
12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
What about fantasy? I know she reps upmarket women's fiction, and she doesn't rep picture books, romance, mysteries, thrillers, or military novels, but it says nothing about fantasy. I wonder if I should just send and see what happens.

Wellfleet121
01-10-2011, 03:16 AM
Lydia, congrats on your full! Which e-mail address did you use for your initial query (info@ or stephanie@)? Thanks!

Lydia Sharp
01-26-2011, 09:37 PM
What about fantasy? I know she reps upmarket women's fiction, and she doesn't rep picture books, romance, mysteries, thrillers, or military novels, but it says nothing about fantasy. I wonder if I should just send and see what happens.

I can't speak for her or the agency, but I think it depends on what type of fantasy you're offering. If you look at the client list, a lot of the titles are contemporary but include some kind of speculative element (i.e. THE LAST WILL OF MOIRA LEAHY, TIME OF MY LIFE, THE KITCHEN DAUGHTER, THE TRAVELING FASHIONISTA, etc).

Lydia Sharp
01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
I saw a few questions in this thread about whether or not Weed Literary accepts/represents YA. They do. They have my full MS right now. The only things they don't rep are picture books, romance, mysteries, thrillers, and military novels.

You posted this in August. Did you hear back from them yet about your full? I know they're really busy right now.

Lydia Sharp
01-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Lydia, congrats on your full! Which e-mail address did you use for your initial query (info@ or stephanie@)? Thanks!

Thanks! :D
I sent my initial query to
stephanie@weedliterary.com
That is the address that all of her subsequent emails have come from as well.

Also, for anyone/everyone who is curious, Elisabeth Weed just recently started a blog:

http://elisabethweed.blogspot.com/

sknipper
11-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Has anyone queried Ms. Weed recently? I sent a query today and got an email back within 45 minutes asking for a partial. I sent it off, but I'm wondering what kind of response time on partials others have had. It looks like it could take a bit.

Laura Droege
12-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Has anyone queried Ms. Weed recently? I sent a query today and got an email back within 45 minutes asking for a partial. I sent it off, but I'm wondering what kind of response time on partials others have had. It looks like it could take a bit.

Have you heard anything yet, Stephanie?

sknipper
12-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Actually, I was offered representation by another agent. I signed with him, but before I did, I contacted Ms. Weed. She was very nice and responded quickly.

Laura Droege
12-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Oh, congratulations on getting an agent, Stephanie! How exciting!

Lydia Sharp
12-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I did not hear back from Stephanie Sun about my full for several months. I nudged her a couple of times, and she did respond to those nudges, saying she was still interested but had not made a decision yet. She finally sent her decision (a pass) in August 2011.

So from the time I sent the initial query (September 2010) to the partial request, to the partial upgraded to a full, to the final pass was ALMOST A YEAR. To her credit, though, she always responded to my emails, was very professional, and gave me detailed reasons why she passed. She also said that the main reason it took her so long was because she really was undecided. Close to accepting, but in the end decided not to.

sknipper
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
@Laura,

Thank you! I'm very excited about it!

@Lydia,

How frustrating that the process took so long. But, to have her so interested that she couldn't decide for a long time is a Good Thing.

angleterre71
02-01-2013, 12:11 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has queried Elisabeth Weed recently? And if so, if you received an "auto-response" email to confirm safe receipt of your query? I'm querying for my first book and am a little neurotic/nervous about it all. Thanks in advance for any comments.

CaoPaux
02-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Updating link: http://weedliterary.com/

Quickbread
10-22-2013, 12:40 AM
Queried on Saturday night 10/19 and got a full request from Elisabeth Sunday night 10/20. I must have caught her at just the right time.

CaoPaux
02-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Joined The Book Group in '15.