Writing Snacks?

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
NaNoWriMo is almost upon us, so does anyone have any suggestions for (hopefully) healthy snacks which are good during long writing sessions? Looking for things which aren't messy.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
home-made roasted pumpkin seeds.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Frosted Mini Wheats -- sweetness and fiber, and if you snack on them without milk, they're a great finger food.

Trail Mix -- get one with chocolate candies for that added sugar kick. Or make an easy one with peanuts, Craisins, M&M's and pumpkin/sunflower seeds.

Carrot sticks and dressing -- I prefer ranch, but anything you like is good. The crunch means you chew longer, and carrots are good for your eyes.

One ounce squares of dark chocolate -- because it's good for you. :)

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Trail Mix, Nuts, Hard Candy like peppermint, butterscotch or cinnamon disks, and of course, chocolate. I keep a container of chocolate chips around at all times; they satisfy my chocolate cravings and if I only eat a few, not much harm done. :)

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Whew! These were good ideas. I was waiting for someone to say chicken wings or cheetoes. All I could think of was - Argh! My computer keys!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
NaNoWriMo is almost upon us, so does anyone have any suggestions for (hopefully) healthy snacks which are good during long writing sessions? Looking for things which aren't messy.

Coffee.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions! Wyntermoon, yes, please, share the recipe for your granola.

I have to watch my sugar intake, so candy isn't a good thing to leave right next to the keyboard. If it's there, I'll eat it. I use candy as a reward system for finishing a page.

Cheerios or other dry cereal make good nibbly snacks. Someone last year suggested baby spinach leaves. Nuts and dried fruit are good in small quantities.

Inkspill

Registered
Reaction score
Nuts, definitely.
Dry cereal--I like Puffins.
Raw carrots, broccoli, celery if you like it. Some kind of dressing or nut butter with this.
Make-ahead fruit or veggie smoothies or juice.
Cheese sticks.
And water and your caffeine beverage of choice, of course.