PDA

View Full Version : [Tues Oct 21] Social Network Swap

veinglory
10-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Let's try broadening this idea.

In this thread, anyone can post a link to a recent post on their blog--so long as they take part in some kind of social networking program (e.g. reddit, stumble, digg, buzz).

You need to 'tag' each post in the thread with at least one of these to add you own. So if you use stumble you can stumble all the posts, if you use digg, digg them etc.

Clear?

veinglory
10-21-2008, 06:14 PM
http://cliterature.today.com/2008/10/21/from-the-photo-collection-alexs-and-the-cat-ladys-enormous-penis/

veinglory
10-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Hmmm. No takers? Two days ago stumble alone brought me over 200o unique visitors, several of whome comments and might become regulars. I would really recommend trying it :)

If the penis post put you off, how about this one: http://cliterature.today.com/2008/10/13/publish-america/

Polenth
10-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Hmmm. No takers? Two days ago stumble alone brought me over 200o unique visitors, several of whome comments and might become regulars. I would really recommend trying it :)

If someone posted a link I'd never usually stumble, it'd be a bad idea to stumble it. Both from the point of view of making people who watch my stumbles unhappy, and because StumbleUpon would recommend other pages just like it.

I'd be more inclined to take part if everyone posted links, then on the set day I had to stumble a certain number of them as a minimum. That would give the option of missing out posts that I don't like. But the chances are every post would get chosen by someone (and some people would choose them all).

veinglory
10-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I guess you are a 'chore' stumble member. I, like many others, use it mainly for promotion--I doubt I have anyone watching what I stumble ;)

flashgordon
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't use stumble, but I would be happy to exchange diggs or mixxs. I don't want to download the stumble toolbar, and I have yet to find a way around it (although someone said you can still submit sites to stumble without their toolbar).

Lollypop1407
11-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I joined digg recently & just started on stumbleupon this afternoon. I'll happily stumble you, Veinglory, when I get home this morning. Atm, the silly thing's fighting with me about not being the computer I started on or some such :-P I liked your current post though, it's a good point.

Just because you can, does it mean you should have to? The notion of 'oh, well you're good at X, so it's incumbent upon you, for the sake of all those who can't to pursue X' is just as silly a premise as 'well, nobody's gotten to before, so you can't either'. One would think that the whole kicking down the proverbial kitchen door & shouting to the world that we're capable would mean we could try anything we wanted; a boardroom, a lab, a garage or anywhere else we decided to tackle. Even if it were or "only" to sit & enjoy the nifty new view from the kitchen, as it were.

Here's mine: http://fast-paced-fiction.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-was-talking-to-nano-friend-of-mine.html