Status
Not open for further replies.

buttterflywilma

Registered
Reaction score
Website
schrijfeenboek.punt.nl
Hi,

Are there any sites where writers are helping eachother with bookpromotion?
In a nice way not with stuff like fake reviews etcetera.

But in an honest way with for example getting more booktrailerviews, spreading marketingmaterials, helping with buzz etc?

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
I don't think there is a central clearinghouse type of site, but there are lots of active users on the various forums and networks that are doing projects and helping each other out.

Writing Forums and Author Social Networks lists a bunch where you can find other authors to work with.

Specifically, I would check out the Bookmarket Network on that list, as there are several promotional opportunities going on now.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Good luck in promoting your books. Usually most authors are busy promoting their own books to bother with anyone else, but it doesn't hurt becoming friends with other writers and promoting each other. I joined several Yahoo Groups that promised Author Promotion, but all they amounted to was pasting blurbs on the Site, which nobody read. I don't discourage Press Releases and Reviews, but I have never seen anything positive come from any of them yet. Press Releases are tossed and Reviews are usually only read if they are attached to the book someone is viewing at the time. If I come across a book on Amazon that looks interesting, the first thing I will do is see if there is a Review I can read before purchasing it. But that's the only time I ever read Reviews. And I really don't think there's anyone out there who wakes up in the morning and says, "Gee, I think I'll read some Reviews today!" Again, I don't discourage anything. You've got to try all areas, and hope that someone notices your book. Good luck.

"The Weed of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit!"

miko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyamoore.com
I put a link exchange directory on my site

**** please note that the Link Directory mentioned here is no longer available. I recently had to update my site's software and as a result, certain applications no longer function. It was brought to my attention that there were issues with the Link Directory after the Site Upgrade. This lead to the discovery that the software is no longer functional. It's regrettable but I will no longer be able to provide this service at this time. ****

Last edited:

Manny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dysonforums.com
We all need backlinks out there that Google will crawl in order to get a half decent page ranking. (Can you tell who just finished reading Search Engine Optimization for Dummies?) Getting backlinks out there is the hardest part of any site promotion. Mere link swapping has a declining value, as Google recognizes that it is often contrived.

Three way linking is better. For example, link my website "A" from your site, and I will link your site from my (different URL) site "B", or my discussion forum,or wherever. A worded link like this: Absolute Write - the writers resource and discussion forum is much better for Google to place your links in context.

Anyone who wants to swap links that way with me can send me a PM. Link to one of my book sales pages, and I will give you two in exchange within my conversation forum existing posts. (Google crawls our forum daily.)

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
I might be interested in this. What is your forum? There are many, many ways to get backlinks, and any way of link exchange (two way, three way) has to be done carefully as Google is pretty savvy at figuring out what is going on.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I think the most effective way I've seen joint promotion of books work is when authors with similar topics/genres band together to promote all their books at once. For example, joint interviews. Anyone who is doing author interviews might be willing to, for example, interview two authors of spy novels at once (more so if spy novels are seen as the "hot thing" at the time).

Also, there are joint blogs run on the same principle. I think Fangs, Fur Fey is one of the more famous joint blogs.

She Raven

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't think there is a central clearinghouse type of site, but there are lots of active users on the various forums and networks that are doing projects and helping each other out.

Writing Forums and Author Social Networks lists a bunch where you can find other authors to work with.

Specifically, I would check out the Bookmarket Network on that list, as there are several promotional opportunities going on now.

Thanks, Flash again for some great leads on promotion!

Status
Not open for further replies.