The most dangerous chocolate cake in the world

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
I got this recipe from another forum I am a member of and thought I have to share this with the choco junkies on AW. This is a quick, easy and tasty treat that takes about five minutes to make. Okay, maybe a few minutes longer to gather the ingrediants. Its cooked in a microwave and is delicious. Without further ado: The most dangerous chocolate cake in the world.

1 coffee mug (the bigger it is the better)
4 Tbsp plain cake flour (no self rising flour please)
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg ( I used a large one)
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
dash of vanilla
3 Tbsp choc chips (optional)

Mix dry ingrediants pour into cup. Add egg, milk, oil, vanilla mix well with a fork.
Add choc chips and mix well.
Microwave on high power for 3 minutes. If your mug is small the cake might rise over the top but it falls back into the cup. I used about a cup and a half mug for mine and it was just right.

Let cool for a minute or two and the cake should fall out of the cup onto a plate. The chips may settle and be a little gooey on the bottom. Put on a scoop of ice cream or berries or whatever topping you favor and dig in. This works great and is delicious. Good munching.

yer pal Brian

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I've also got this recipe and my 13 yo son (chocoholic extraordinaire) made it two evenings in a row and thought that he would get up early and make it to take to school for lunch on the third day (I wouldn't let him). It was very tasty, the only problem we didn't have a mug big enough so he made it in a small bowl.

This recipe makes enough for 4 people (I sm piece each) or one 13 year old bottomless pit.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
I just finished mine. It is actually just about right for two people or one bottomless pit. The choc chips help to keep it moist. Mine started to get a little bit dry because it took me about fifteen minutes to get it all down. Whoof. Chocolate high here I come.

yer thoroughly sated pal Brian

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I've made this and I only nuke it for 2 minutes so it won't get too dry. Dangerous is right. I made it two days in a row.

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.
Can you substitute regular white flour for the cake flour?

If you don’t have cake flour on hand, you can ‘make’ you own. The easiest way to do this substitution is to put 2 tbsp of cornstarch in the bottom of a 1-cup measuring cup, then fill the cup as usual with all-purpose flour and level top. Integerate well, or as I usually do, do a quick sift.

I see where this recipe only calls for 4 tbsp of cake flour, so one cup of cake flour would be enough to make this four times.

Don’t really remember where I found the following recipe, but it's quick, easy and oh so yummy.

Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (4-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (12-ounce) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 3/4 cups water
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Chocolate Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
  1. Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Grease and flour a 12-inch bundt pan.
  2. In large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix and chocolatechips. In another bowl combine water,eggs and vanilla; mix well.Add egg mixture to dry mixture and mix by hand just until blended.
  3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake testsdone when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool15 to 20 minutes before removing cake from pan.
  4. When completely cool drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze.
  5. For Chocolate Glaze: Combine all ingredients in bowl and beat by hand until smooth.