What is the best line you used to get rid of someone you didn't want hitting on you?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
"My date/boyfriend's in the bathroom."

[Frankly, it's been a while since I've used any excuse.]

The other thing I used to do if I knew in advance I didn't want to get picked up was to wear an engagement style ring on that special finger.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if someone other than other than rt or robieieieio is allowed to post a comment, I can tell you about a line that should work, but didn't in the case of one particularly ardent admirer:

I was on the subway in Toronto, and an older black male named Abraham comes up to me and starts hitting on me. I'm not interested in going anywhere with you, I tell him.

After a little more of this, I finally tell him the truth. "I'm a lesbian."

"What's that?" he asked.

(Me, thinking, OMG, this guy is soooo out to lunch.) "I prefer women to men."

He didn't get it. I finally told him I was going to a church conference of mostly gay men and lesbians. He wanted to go with me. I almost let him. One of the pastors who was leading the conference is a big guy, and would have made short shrift of him. But he stopped following me once I got on the streetcar.

But I really don't thing the lesbian line would work for rt or robieaieieio. Though you never know. Why don't you give it a try and report back?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I used to tell people I didn't date. (Which I didn't, for a long time.) Then if they pushed further and asked why I'd start into a long shpeil about how I didn't date casually and I believed in remaining a virgin until marriage - most guys, even the nice ones, would zone out or run away around the "I see dating as a prelude to marriage" part. Threatening long-term commitment is quite effective. :D

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Some time ago, when I was just reaching my mature years, one of my daughter's male friends suggested he might be able to give me something my husband couldn't. I told him I'd be happy to oblige as long as he brought a permission slip from his mother.

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
I reached across the table to take my sister`s hand and told the guy "We want to be alone."