My last song...

Martin Hall-Kenny

Registered
Reaction score
I have not been here for a while... a lot has happened that I won't go into right now beyond saying a long term relationship ended and my brother in law ended his own life. This and so much more brought on a crisis that prompted me to begin writing a book that deals with surviving sexual abuse into adulthood. I'm 52 years old now and, though I thought I'd dealt with this decades ago, I find that all I did was to put it into a box, cover it with shiny paper and pretend it was something else. I'm about 20,000 odd words into it now and have barely scratched the surface... it will need a lot of editing I think.
The other thing the crisis prompted was to release songs in me that I would invite you to listen to at www.myspace.com/martinjohnhk . The first three songs are the relevant ones.
Should you wish to comment, feel free. I will try and put up some of the new book both for comments and because just maybe, it might help someone out there.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good to have you back, Martin.

"Scratching the surface" is just opposite of what writing memoir can feel like. Feels more like we're digging way into our tender flesh. And finding so much we would rather cover with boards and a sign that says "Don't Enter!"