Promotional Tip: Photographs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronica

Registered
Reaction score
I recently did an interview with a large newspaper, and the photographer with the newspaper came out to my home, set up a lot of equipment, and took my photograph in a couple of different settings in my home—one in front of my bookshelf. I realized this might make a good author photograph to use for publicity purposes, so I asked her if I could purchase a copy to use for that. (I had done this before with a smaller newspaper.) She said yes, that the newspaper keeps a library and I can purchase photographs—including copyrights!—from that. She had been trained at a photography school in New York and does high-quality portrait photographs for the newspaper. Anyway, when I bought the photo and copyright from the smaller newspaper, I think it cost me only $60. This is much less than it would cost to hire a professional photographer myself, and I hold the copyright also. If another author out there is seeking an affordable, professional photograph for their site and promotions, this may be the way to go.

Ronica Stromberg
Author, The Time-for-bed Angel

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
I had a pic taken for a newspaper article but I hated it...never thought of myself as vein, but I hated it. I grew a double chin, and wrinkles lolol.

Status
Not open for further replies.