Anyone in the Barrie/Simcoe area...

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Please keep an eye out for my nephew Brandon Crisp. He took off Thanksgiving Monday after a disagreement with his parents and hasn't been seen since.

My son was on Facebook late last night and came across an entry from his 15 year old cousin Samantha. Apparently her twin brother Brandon has been missing since Monday (Thanksgiving for us).

We quickly googled, and yes, it appears he ran away after an argument with his parents. His mom is my husband's sister.

Hubby quickly phoned the house and left a message to see if we can help.

Hopefully he's just holed up at a friend's house, making his parents sweat. Still, I'd like to hear some news.

My SIL left a message this morning at 7am, explaining the situation. She sounded upset, of course. She said if we were thinking of going up there (40 minute car trip to Barrie) they'll be out most of the day, working with the police.

Flyers in the regional papers were distributed this weekend, plus online. If any AW types in the Simcoe area are out and about today, keep an eye out for this kid.
Brandon.jpg

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers and hugs, Chumplet. I'll keep an eye out, though he's not likely to turn up in the KW-Cambridge-Guelph area.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers & (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) for Brandon and everyone concerned. Sure hope he's found safe and sound very soon.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I'm so sorry. What a horrible thing to be going through. My prayers are with you and your family. It is most likely he's thinking that they will be sorry for what they did if he hides long enough. I'd be looking for him in a tree house or favorite hideout for his friends.

He probably has a friend helping him to hide out.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope he's found safe and soon :Hug2:

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you all. I just saw my SIL on the news. She looks so stressed. It was bad enough she had to deal with my MIL's passing just a couple of months ago.

Thanks for changing the thread title, mods. I should have thought to make it more specific.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I received an email from my BIL that there's still no news, but they narrowed the search to the Oro-Medonte area just northeast of town because of a possible sighting.

Sigh. His mom, my sister in law, works for the same newspaper chain I do, so there will be a lot of concerns at work tomorrow.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, OFG.

Here's a quote from Global News:

Crisp's bike was found at the side of a walking trail on Ridge Road by a passerby, but was later removed by unknown person(s). Police are asking anyone in possession of this bike to come forward.

Apparently it had been there Wednesday or Thursday, and the person reporting it didn't know the significance until now. It has since disappeared.

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not even going to try to say anything now. I can't possibly find the right words. But please know I am thinking of you and your family. Praying everything ends up okay.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm nowhere near that area, but I'll pray and keep my fingers crossed for good news soon.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you all so much. I have no new developments, but the 'net is full of stories right now. I saw his parents on YouTube and their faces almost broke my heart.

I also came across a very heated forum discussion on a gamer site arguing about whether the incident was the game's fault or the parents' fault. I so wanted to sign in and slap them all silly.