Gak! Script Error on AW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Every time I click on AW, I get a small screen that tells me there's a script error on the page. I'm asked if I wan't to continue. Yes? No? It doesn't seem to matter which I click on, because the site opens as normal.

I'm using Windows XP and recently updated with SP3. It seems the script problem appeared after that download.

It only happens on AW, and only in the past few days. Any idea why? Should I worry about it?

Last edited:

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Getting it on one or two other sites now. Help! It's a pain.

Deleted member 42

It's an issue with I.E. -- you might want to try download and using the Firefox browser instead.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for trying.

I never use IE, but my browser requries me to have IE on my computer. Maybe it's time to download Firefox.

Deleted member 42

It isn't AW; it's something wonky with the way your Web browser is interpreting javascript.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I'm an IE7 user, albeit under Vista, and never see errors like these.

I never use IE, but my browser requries me to have IE on my computer.
If you start IE instead of whatever browser you're using, and navigate to the same websites, do you see the same problem? What version of IE do you have installed?

-Derek

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like my browser is the problem. With IE, there's no problem.

I guess I'm forced to use it, but only for this site because I don't trust it.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I was using Crazy Browser. I've used it for years, through several updates, and never had a problem until now. It's small and fast but has no user support. I also have IE7 installed and updated. I used IE years ago and it was a pain, filled with pop ups and frequent crashes. That's why I don't trust it.

I'm using Firefox right now but I hope I can find out how to get rid of some of its "helpful" bells and whistles.

Deleted member 42

Re: Firefox, what do you want to get rid of?

The regular Firefox is fairly straight forward, unless you've added plug-ins, which you can delete via the Tools menu/Add-ons

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I found FF too helpful. It offered me functions I will never use and slowed me down. Pretty pages but not functional.

It's removed now and I'm using Avant. It's small and fast, and gives me what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.