Nothing matters but the weekend from a Tuesday point of view...

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody else here that just doesn't "get" the whole "w00t! IT'S FRIDAY! THE WEEKEND!" mentality? I'm pretty much not a social animal, anyway, so that might have something to do with it. That, and my day job is so structured and rigid, allowing for very little deviation from procedure and schedule, I really don't want to plan anything too far in advance and I leave as much free time as possible.

What sayest thou?

(Rep point for the first person who can name the source of the thread title and/or what comes next, if anything!)

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like Monday's. The kids are back in school and I'm not "mom'd" to death. There's some time for me and it's quiet. When I do work I usually have to work weekends and the people at my work whine and complain all the time. So no difference.

So, TGIM!

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
For me, the weekends are time for doing all the stuff I need and want to do for me (okay, and my mom, but that's one thing I don't mind.) My job right now isn't the type where I can slip off to run and errand and not have anyone not notice I'm gone, and a forty-five minute commute one way doesn't leave me a whole lot of time for getting stuff done after work sometimes.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Same here. If I have to stop off after work at 4:15, I'm usually home by 6:30, sometimes later if I have to make multiple trips. Teh suxx0rz.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe that I remember this while I forget other stuff, like tasks I need to get done:

Like a kettle in the kitchen/I feel the steam begin to brew. Switching to gliiiide.

"This Beat Goes On" by The Kings.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I do have a TGIF reaction, but it's so opposite what others mean by TGIF.

I love my job, really, I do. I almost always work Friday and Saturday evenings. Hence, TGIF.

Tonight was kind of quiet, but still not too bad.

I don't really have days I hate. I like my days off for the same reason others like their days off, and I like my work days. Plus, at my age I'm beginning to feel the, "Thank God I Woke Up This Morning" reaction kick in... :)

MelodyO

Waiting for love on the web
Registered
Reaction score
Hee, you took me back to the 80s just like that. This beat goes on - and on and on and on. ::gets nostalgic for hair gel:: I remember well my Fridays really getting into gear around 9 pm. Now I'm in my PJs by nine! :D

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
For me it's TGISaturday. I hate my job, so the best time is when I'm not there. Sunday and Monday are my days off, so Friday has no real meaning to me. Other than being the day before Saturday, of course. I don't even really do anything most of the time, I'm just happy to be away from that loathsome abyss.

It never fails to amuse me that a high percentage of non-people people always seem to get stuck in people jobs, myself and most of my coworkers included. (We get along with each other just fine, it's everyone else we seem to have problems with.)

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It never fails to amuse me that a high percentage of non-people people always seem to get stuck in people jobs, myself and most of my coworkers included. (We get along with each other just fine, it's everyone else we seem to have problems with.)
That's me down to the proverbial T. I'm not a people person yet I'm in a customer service job that requires phone contact. Luckily, though, I do the segment that doesn't get even one tenth of the phone calls the other gets.

Now. Getting along with my coworkers...

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I'm a TGIF person. I despise my job and Friday evening means freedom for two precious days (IF things go as planned. There are times when I have to work on the weekend, which is teh suxxor).

Unfortunately, I also get the Sunday afternoon blues big time.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Anybody else here that just doesn't "get" the whole "w00t! IT'S FRIDAY! THE WEEKEND!" mentality? I'm pretty much not a social animal, anyway, so that might have something to do with it.
Not sure what there is to get or not get. The weekend means no work. Means you finally have time to yourself to do what you want. Reading. Writing. Taking a car ride in the country. All those things you can't do during the week because you have to be at your job.

I'm the least social animal you'll know. I have no friends. And try to keep to myself, but hell, even I get w00T! TGIF!