PDA

View Full Version : What's your worst feature?

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Thought I'd throw this one out and see if it sticks. I suspect this one will sink like a ... heavy thing that sinks.

Can you tell I are a writer?

What is your least favorite feature? The one that really bothers you. Some area you'd like to improve, or knowing you can't improve, hide it?

This time I'll play, because being the self-depracating, insecure weasel I am, I have a ton of least favorite features that I dwell on constantly and am not afraid to share. Favorite things I have trouble sharing. This, however, I'm an open book.

But I'll narrow it down to, my voice. I hate my voice. In my own ears I hear James Earl Jones but when I hear actual recordings I hear Barney Fife. It's too high-pitched and nasally for me. It's funny, but I'm told I sound like my late dad or my brother on the phone, but I don't see it because they have nice deep voices and I sound like a chipmonk. It's also funny because I've had ex's tell me I have a nice deep bedroom voice that makes them all hot and... um, sorry TMI, but again, I don't hear it. So unless my voice drops a few octaves when on the phone, yeah, my voice is my least favorite feature.

So whenever we're recording family events, I try not to speak because I know later on I'll be cringing, as will most of the dogs in the neighborhood.

So there's mine. What's your least favorite feature?

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Again, the list is too long, but I'll agree with you about the voice. Not your voice, my voice. I don't like my voice and I get embarrassed talking. I've even been in the store and when I start talking, people turn around and look at me.

I thought I'd help you get this thread going. And I do like the avatar. :D

ETA: rt must have a rash on his ass and is taking it out on us. :roll:

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Awww, your avvie is just the cutest thing, too.

maestrowork
10-17-2008, 06:30 PM
My abs, apparently.

C.bronco
10-17-2008, 06:31 PM
I want thicker hair (on top of my head, I might add, lest anyone twist this comment in some way which, of course, no one around here would ever do! LOL).

rhymegirl
10-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I hate my nose.

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 06:35 PM
My abs, apparently.Gee, the woes you have if your abs are your worst feature. :tongue

Gehanna
10-17-2008, 06:35 PM
With the exception of my teeth, my worst features include all other physical features. I have no physical self esteem. This is why I have a morbid fear of being photographed and video recorded.

I am working on the issue. Progress is slow.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 06:36 PM
My abs, apparently.
Punk. If you're not going to take the topic seriously, don't post at all.

We're all exposing our deepest insecurities and you have to go and...

Hey, you have no avatar. Where ARE your abs?

C.bronco
10-17-2008, 06:37 PM
My abs, apparently.
Because they're missing? Was it a freak accident?

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
With the exception of my teeth, my worst features include all other physical features. I have no physical self esteem. This is why I have a morbid fear of being photographed and video recorded.

I am working on the issue. Progress is slow.

Sincerely,
GehannaI'm with you, Gehanna. I have a poor physical self-esteem, but I'm working on loving myself (Shut up, Cray, quickWit, I know what you're thinking).

Seriously, I'm getting better but I think it's because I'm too old to care. :)

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm with you, Gehanna. I have a poor physical self-esteem, but I'm working on loving myself (Shut up, Cray, quickWit, I know what you're thinking).

Can I work at loving you?

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Can I work at loving you?:) I'm always recruiting. ;)

maestrowork
10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Can I work at loving you?

are you cray[battery]-operated?

JLCwrites
10-17-2008, 06:58 PM
< This avatar.

maestrowork
10-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I tink y'all very purdy.

ChaosTitan
10-17-2008, 07:00 PM
What's with the Wuzzles? I'm having an eighties flashback and it's scary.... :Wha:

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Is that what that is? A Wuzzle?

What's a wuzzle?

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
are you cray[battery]-operated?Ha, ha, very funny. Cray isn't strong enough, or can't hold a charge... er

What's with the Wuzzles? I'm having an eighties flashback and it's scary.... :Wha:See the big hairy MOD, he'll explain it to you.

NeuroFizz
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I take myself too seriously on way too many occasions.

ChaosTitan
10-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Is that what that is? A Wuzzle?

What's a wuzzle?

A cartoon I barely remember watching when I was a kid. And wanna know something else funny? I have a stuffed version of your AV. :D

ChaosTitan
10-17-2008, 07:08 PM
See the big hairy MOD, he'll explain it to you.

Big hairy MOD....that doesn't narrow it down. *hides*

Red-Green
10-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Does everyone hate their voice, or does this thread just attract those who do? Because as far as physical attributes go, I hate my voice most. Flat, nasal, loud, pure Okie, despite 8 years of college. Ugh. As for personality traits, it's my know-it-all impatience. I catch myself in mid-condescending-explanation and just cringe.

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I take myself too seriously on way too many occasions.Tell me about it. You're avatar is WAY TOO serious. :) I know, I use emoticons.

Big hairy MOD....that doesn't narrow it down. *hides*:roll: You better lock that door, woman.

regdog
10-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Worst feature my big feet.

As a real close friend said "Where'd you get them big ass velociraptor feet? With feet that big you should be at least 5-10?"

TerzaRima
10-17-2008, 07:19 PM
My voice makes me cringe too. Other people seem to like it--I used to have my own radio show in college--but whenever I hear it on tape I sound like a drag queen with a cold. Nasal, too deep for a woman, vowels too flat, blech ugh urgh.

Also, ugly feet. Long, narrow, no arch, deformed by years of running and dancing and wearing the wrong shoes.

Yeshanu
10-17-2008, 07:22 PM
For those who hate your voices, try listening to yourself on a recording. I did that once, and I went, "Is that me? It doesn't sound like me!" I sound completely different to others than I do to myself.

The good news is that voice can be modulated and changed, if you're willing to do the work.

For me, I'd like to get rid of the fifty extra pounds I'm carrying, and grow about four inches. Otherwise, I'm fine, thanks.

III
10-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I constantly compare myself to QuickWit and Kthrok which makes me feel inadequate in every way.

Cranky
10-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Physical: My teeth. There is a reason you don't see a big smile from me, like ever. You won't, unless I miraculously end up with a wad of cash for all the work I need to have done. Runner up: My nose. It's slightly misshapen thanks to being an incredibly stupid child...stuffed a piece of rubber tubing up my nose as a toddler and had to have it removed surgically when I was six or seven after years of nosebleeds my doctor ignored. My mother was furious when they finally took it seriously and discovered the tube, lol.

Personality: My temper. I've actually worked very hard on it, and I'm much better than I was as a teenager and a younger woman. I still need to work on it, though.

Pagey's_Girl
10-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Well, apart from my voice (Minnie Mouse squeak with Minnie Pearl accent, anyone?) I've got a potbelly that does not flatten out no matter how much I diet, a funny walk because I toe in on the right side (yes, I am prone to tripping over my own feet when I'm tired and not paying attention to what I'm doing) and a nose that looks like it should have been on someone else's face. Yeah, in another life I think I was a cartoon character....

III
10-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Now I feel bad about all those times I said "up your nose with a rubber hose". You must hate me.

JoeEkaitis
10-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Man boobs. Even if I lose weight, they're still there.

MelodyO
10-17-2008, 07:55 PM
My best feature is also my worst feature: my mouth. Someone once told me I have the sexiest lips a woman can have, but my smile is crooked. Like, I just had a stroke crooked. Like, Dennis Quaid grin crooked. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I'm very self-conscious of smiling, especially in pictures. At least my teeth are nice and straight since I got the braces off at the ripe old age of 40.

Personality-wise: cutting sarcasm. It's a gift curse.

Priene
10-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Nothing stands out beyond the average. I'm an equal-opportunity self-hater.

Susie
10-17-2008, 08:23 PM
too large boobies. :D PS Though some think it's my best asset. :)

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 08:24 PM
too large boobies. :D
Shouldn't they go in the Best Feature thread? :D

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Nothing stands out beyond the average. I'm an equal-opportunity self-hater.:roll:

WOW! I think we all need therapy. My friends say I'd make a great psychologist. Hmm... Maybe there should be a, "Release your Inhibitions and Talk to ToT" thread. I might not be able to solve your problems, but I bet I can make you laugh.

quickWit
10-17-2008, 08:52 PM
I constantly compare myself to QuickWit and Kthrok which makes me feel inadequate in every way.

:roll:

Dork.

Mr Flibble
10-17-2008, 09:10 PM
My inherent idiocy.

Some people have 'blonde moments'. I have blonde days, nay weeks. In fact it's possible I may have had an entirely blonde life.

Of course it makes life amusing / irritating for everyone else, which is good. I suppose.

Pagey's_Girl
10-17-2008, 09:21 PM
My inherent idiocy.

Some people have 'blonde moments'. I have blonde days, nay weeks. In fact it's possible I may have had an entirely blonde life.

Of course it makes life amusing / irritating for everyone else, which is good. I suppose.

I have those, too, and I'm a brunette...

melaniehoo
10-17-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't mind my voice but I will side with those who hate their noses. You will never ever see a profile shot of me. :D

RLB
10-17-2008, 09:30 PM
My teeth. Oh, they look fine on the outside, but a more cavity-prone bunch you could not hope to run across. I feel like I have root canals or fillings more often than birthdays. And I'm very very blind without my contacts.

Bubastes
10-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I hate my nose. It's too wide and makes me look like a pig. Oink. Plus, it has an annoying tendency to turn red. No, I'm not Rudolph.

At least I have decent hands and feet. If I could keep my hands over my face, things would be perfect.

writerterri
10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a tattoo of a ferret kissing my butt on my butt.

It's of bad taste too. Too bad I can't see it. I hear it's pretty darn funny my worst feature.

maestrowork
10-17-2008, 10:15 PM
My penchant for self-sacrificing and constant fights to save the world. And my humbleness.

Clio
10-17-2008, 10:19 PM
My total irrational loathing for a certain city in Northern England, that shall remain nameless. (Hangs head in shame) ;)

BenPanced
10-17-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm going to say my voice, as well. I can't begin to tell you how many times I get called "ma'am" when I'm making phone calls at work. A bit too high. Not even worthy of a melifluous tenor.

I am a smart person, but I'm just not very perceptive. Sometimes, I have this look on my face like somebody's playing "How Many Fingers Am I Holding Up?" with a dog. And I'm the dog.

Along those lines, I need programs like Mythbusters, Beakman's World or Newton's Apple to help me understand science.

And I have an unholy temper.

Pagey's_Girl
10-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Me being a receptionist, you'd think I'd be all bubbly and outgoing and extroverted, but I'm not. I get so nervous trying to make casual conversation with people that I start getting tongue-tied and stumbling all over my words, and usually end up looking like a total dork. There's still a part of me that's totally amazed when people actually seem to like me....

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 11:08 PM

It's of bad taste too. Too bad I can't see it. I hear it's pretty darn funny my worst feature.
I'm hurt. I posed a long time for that. You think you'd show some appreciation.

writerterri
10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm hurt. I posed a long time for that. You think you'd show some appreciation.

:LilLove::e2flowers:heart:

I thought you were gone

TrainofThought
10-17-2008, 11:12 PM

I'm hurt. I posed a long time for that. You think you'd show some appreciation.There, there, sweets. I think she means her butt is her worst feature.

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 11:13 PM
There, there, sweets. I think she means her butt is her worst feature.
I didn't think so that day.

writerterri
10-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean.

writerterri
10-17-2008, 11:15 PM
I didn't think so that day.

It was all up in yo face! :banana:

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 11:16 PM
And you kept saying, "Keep kissing, he's not done yet." Even though we were like the only ones in the tattoo parlor and the staff had gone home. What's up with that?

And then no phone calls, no letters. :(

writerterri
10-17-2008, 11:19 PM
And you kept saying, "Keep kissing, he's not done yet." Even though we were like the only ones in the tattoo parlor and the staff had gone home. What's up with that?

And then no phone calls, no letters. :(

Dear Shadow,

You complete my butt. It's not you, it's me. I swear.

Just Keep Kissing,

Terri, almost there...

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 11:21 PM
:D

Thanks. I love closure.

writerterri
10-17-2008, 11:23 PM
You're welcome.

Carole
10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Worst feature? Hmmmm. . . there are so many!

I'd have to say that it's my skin. I've always wanted perfect, porcelain skin, but what I got was sensitive, freckly Irish skin that looks weird and uneven without makeup. I can't use much of anything that most women can use on their faces. Mine pretends to be nice for a few days when I use something new, but then blammo - no dice. I used to hate my hands - my nails in particular. But for some reason unknown to me, after 40 years I suddenly became a non-nailbiter about six months ago. So my hands are actually pretty now.

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah, your skin's got like a creepy greenish tinge to it.

maestrowork
10-17-2008, 11:30 PM

Says the porky.

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I know! I'm so hypocritical. I'm breaking the goldarn scale.

Carole
10-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Haha - very funny.

maestrowork
10-17-2008, 11:32 PM
I know! I'm so hypocritical. I'm breaking the goldarn scale.

I have the urge to rub your wittle tubby tummy, tho.

Shadow_Ferret
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM
You're scaring me, Ray. Although it's a good thing you don't have the half nekky avatar up or I might be inclined to let you. :)

quickWit
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Can I say that Ray's worst feature is that he's making me uncomfortable? :D

DL Hegel
10-18-2008, 01:23 AM
what about the ferret?

maestrowork
10-18-2008, 01:25 AM

I wuv to wub you're wittle tubby tummy, too.

shyne
Probably my ankles. My dad's side of the family is short, so they have "small features". So my ankles look like a 10 year olds wrist

maestrowork
Although it's a good thing you don't have the half nekky avatar up or I might be inclined to let you. :)

Is that a dare?

DL Hegel
10-18-2008, 01:27 AM
*sneaks out too much tummy rubbing...
i'm more of a back rub girl:gone:

Priene
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
WOW! I think we all need therapy. My friends say I'd make a great psychologist. Hmm... Maybe there should be a, "Release your Inhibitions and Talk to ToT" thread. I might not be able to solve your problems, but I bet I can make you laugh.

Hey, I don't need therapy. There's nothing wrong with me that invasive gene-splicing, two digit transplants and a twenty-third century brain operation couldn't put right.

kct webber
10-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I have no bad features. I'm perfect.

beautiation
10-18-2008, 08:37 PM
I have, overdramatic...TENDENCIES!

Ageless Stranger
10-18-2008, 10:05 PM
My behavior can be erratic sometimes.

Kitrianna
10-19-2008, 05:02 AM
Besides my stomach, which has way too much loose skin courtesy of my kids, my teeth. They've taken a major beating through the years from lack of dental insurance and now that I have a bit, I'm afraid of going over the yearly limit before they have managed to complete the necessary work. Oh and the scars that I have. I seem to scar really badly and I'm always hurting myself and not realizing it until I look at the scab. My stomach- that I'm sort of proud about cause I love my kids.

My self esteem used to be in the pits, but the love of a good man changed that one. Kthrok thinks I'm sexy no matter what and after 12 years together, I've started to think that I'm at the very least cute, except for those small issues.