PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to love Google...

RLB
10-17-2008, 12:53 PM
I was messing around in Google labs on my email tonight and found the "Mail Goggles" (http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-in-labs-stop-sending-mail-you-later.html) feature. From the Gmail blog:

Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send. Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message. Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together. Gmail can't always prevent you from sending messages you might later regret, but today we're launching a new Labs feature I wrote called Mail Goggles which may help.

When you enable Mail Goggles, it will check that you're really sure you want to send that late night Friday email. And what better way to check than by making you solve a few simple math problems after you click send to verify you're in the right state of mind?

It makes you do math problems before it will send your email! As someone who types her most impassioned, potentially-regrettable emails in the middle of the night, this is exactly what I need! Now if only there were one for AW posts. Mods?

Prof. Blabbity
10-17-2008, 03:00 PM
But I'll never get to send ANY e-mail.

Pagey's_Girl
10-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I need an app that pops up a message which reads: You mentioned an attachment in the body of your email, but you have not included an attachment. Do you wish to include one now? Y/N?

Yes, for me, that is a problem...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-17-2008, 04:38 PM
I used to be guilty of those middle-of-the-night missives, too... I finally learned - after much heartburn - to type up those empassioned goodies and let 'em sit for at least twelve hours. Saved me lots (and lots) of trouble. I still sometimes slip and let one fly that comes back to bite me, but not very often these days. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I need an app that pops up a message which reads: You mentioned an attachment in the body of your email, but you have not included an attachment. Do you wish to include one now? Y/N?

Yes, for me, that is a problem...

Actually, PG, there's something that does that now! Poke around in this Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS231US232&q=attachment+reminder+outlook)and see if anything fits your situation.